4ROC This forum is for the discussion of a world wide 4Runner Club with separate chapters for each state
View Poll Results: What level of standardization for chapter pages?
use templates for consistancy
47.83%
use standardized logos, colors, etc., but layout can vary
52.17%
no standardization at all
0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

chapter pages - should they all look the same?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chapter pages - should they all look the same?

Vote now...

Should all the chapter pages look the same, i.e. use a template that would give each page the same look and feel, but content, and chapter designation would vary from chapter to chapter.

Should all the chapter pages share similar elements (logos, colors, fonts, etc.), but layout, links, buttons and such can be decided on by each chapter

Each chapter site has full control over look, feel, content, links, etc.. No standardization at all.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Contributing Member

i voted templates. they will be easier to navigate and if we wish to link them it will look a hole lot better!!!
Old 06-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Contributing Member

Logo only.

If everybody has the same template then it will be difficult to keep track of what chapter you're in. It would be imposssible to come up with a template that everyone would like anyway. I feel that the "4ROC" logo should be the same font and layout, and have that as the unmistakable central recognizable connection, but each chapter can have the colors changed and add whatever they want eg. "VA" or "Virginia" in black and red or in state colors or in any color, add va4roc.com or www.4roc.com or no link as they prefer. The website design itself should be whatever the chapters decide, for example, I've started VA's chapter on MSFrontpage but not everybody has the program, can afford to buy it, or can use it. If the template ends up being on Adobe GoLive then VA will have to find another webmaster cuz I don't know it. And linking is an identical process regardless of the theme, program or template. All in all, Why not express ourselves with what each of us has to contribute?

So anyway, the 4roc logo only. Seems to me that building the chapters will be easier if they can do so autonomously.

Last edited by dajabr; 06-19-2003 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:34 AM

Not every Chapter's web host uses the same software. Therefore, that makes it VERY difficult for some users with say, Dreamweaver MX, to use a template that was created by a MS Frontpage user and vis-versa.

We should all use standardized logos and have the same content on our Navigation bars, etc. However, let the host design his own site (backgrounds, colors, etc.)

Also, we've already got 3 websites underway. If we were forced to use templates, we then would have to start from scratch.

Don't screw the hosts out of the satisfaction of doing their own work.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

I feel it's not a matter of "SHOULD" they look the same. Aside from whatever artistic preferences people may have, it is unlikely that they CAN be the same. I invite opinions, but I believe the websites should be as unique as their collective members. I have been doing the VA site and I am chomping at the bit to get some feedback from some VA members.

The logo is a central identifiable feature, as long as we all have that logo, all the sites will be linked to the whole organization and still be able to put forth their unique identity AS A PART of the whole. I'm thinking of it in the same way as the federal government's relationship with the states; every state is proud to wave the National flag, but celebrates their citizenship in their own way.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:15 PM
Contributing Member

I'm with prolax...
I think they should all be a little different, but be very alike so you can tell they are for the same club and not some hoohaa trying to be official