Land Usage & Off Road Responsibility Discussion pertaining to the education of proper land usage, closures, and responsible off road driving

New section

Old 05-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
New section

Greeting to this new section.
I hope everyone has seen the "Tread Lightly" link in the toolbar on each page here.

This forum is an area in which to discuss land openings/closures in your area, and how to go about keeping them open.

This area is also to discuss the "Tread Lightly" rule and offer up more advice you come up with.

We need to educate new off roaders coming into the sport/recreation on the proper usage of our lands.
There are those out there who would like to see all lands shut down to off roading.

We can even discuss how we have handled irresponsible drivers we have come across while out wheelin' for the day, and the proper way we should handle it.
No, not with a bat, but there are ways to get the message across to abusers we might see, that is one usage of this new section here.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tread Lightly Online Course.

Tread Lightly Online course is something everone should at least take a look at. There's alot of information that I had forgotten from my past days when I lived and camped in the San Diego area. I plan on keeping a copy of the certificate in my glove box, who knows, someday I may ask a landowner if i can access his/her property. I just might get a little further if they know that I will respect them, and the land.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I got the email today to renew our Tread Lightly membership with them which I just did an hour ago.

I asked about the lack of a rep on here like we had a year ago, and they have had a few reps leave for other jobs, and she said "good timing", as they have a new rep, and they will be looking at participating on the various off road/exploration sites out there.