General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad truck

Ok having some issue with my ,88 pickup.whont run.its a 22re EFI 5 speed 4x4 no power or signal signal too c.s.i. so moved to time switch pouth leeds show power .But when I make a connection the Innjecktors click so does test light flashes the thermal switch next to it has positive and negative ohms meeter just died. so all I have is a test light.put the clip on + touched uper radiate house clamp light tuned green help my name is Jim if ya have any help call text me or email jimszarka@gmail.com or (210) 350 1915 call or text me please thanks .jim
​​​​​

Last edited by J.z.; 04-20-2017 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Frogot
Old 04-20-2017, 10:37 PM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
Originally Posted by J.z.
Ok having some issue with my ,88 pickup.whont run.its a 22re EFI 5 speed 4x4 no power or signal signal too c.s.i. so moved to time switch pouth leeds show power .But when I make a connection the Innjecktors click so does test light flashes the thermal switch next to it has positive and negative ohms meeter just died. so all I have is a test light.put the clip on + touched uper radiate house clamp light tuned green help my name is Jim if ya have any help call text me or email jimszarka@gmail.com or (210) 350 1915 call or text me please thanks .jim
​​​​​
Hi Jim,
A problem well-stated is a problem almost solved.
Sorry but it's very hard to understand your description of the problem. Pls help us help you by describing the problem more clearly.
Cheers!
Old 04-20-2017, 11:59 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Time to buy a New Meter !!

Has this truck ever run?? Really some past History of the vehicle is always good

Checked the Spark Timing and Fuel?? Have you given it a good tune up??

Would not be the first time a vehicle out of fuel is being trouble shot
Old 04-21-2017, 06:31 AM

Bad Truck

Originally Posted by wyoming9

Has this truck ever run?? Really some past History of the vehicle is always good

yes the Truck did run every day. Ok blown head gasket replace it and change and sprocket's​ timing is good truck drove then no fuel found bad conection in tank. Had some rust on - leed. 2days later no start has fuel and spark​ chekg. Cold start injector no signal. Both leeds, whent to time switch. No put test light to the green leed 12volt test light flashes and the Innjecktors click. The thermal switch next to it green leed red dots shows positive and negative. At this time I don't have a meeter just the test light and
Old 04-21-2017, 06:32 AM

Bad Truck

Originally Posted by wyoming9

yes the Truck did run every day. Ok blown head gasket replace it and change and sprocket's​ timing is good truck drove then no fuel found bad conection in tank. Had some rust on - leed. 2days later no start has fuel and spark​ chekg. Cold start injector no signal. Both leeds, whent to time switch. No put test light to the green leed 12volt test light flashes and the Innjecktors click. The thermal switch next to it green leed red dots shows positive and negative. At this time I don't have a meeter just the test light and I am Lost help
Old 04-21-2017, 08:50 AM

Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts
Ok, still very hard to make out all of what you are saying, punctuation would help. You might want to slow down and really proofread what you are writing so we can all get the message. I think maybe you are saying you are getting no signal to the Cold Start injector, measured by a test light, and you think the CSI timer switch is bad. You really do need a meter because there are some specs to be able to test it at both cold and warm temperatures. Aside from that, you can remove it and clean it up including the face of the intake where it makes contact and see if that helps because it needs a ground through the intake. Sounds like you have some fuel problems, you already had a rusty lead in the tank, are you certain you are getting good fuel pressure? There is the COR relay that has to get a signal from the AFM to close and enable the fuel pump. You can bypass that will a paperclip in the diag connector from Fp to B+ just to eliminate that as a possibility.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:10 AM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
Test light will not help you much in troubleshooting the truck, and it will not help us trying to help you from far away "see" what you have in front of you.
I suggest you run over to harbor Freight and buy a $7 multi-meter. I also got a multi-meter from there.
Once you have a multi-meter, we'll talk.

Here's how Cold Start Injector works... AND what could make it NOT work.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:23 AM

Red face

I could just see showing up to trouble shoot a $30,000.00 piece of equipment with a $7.00 Harbor freight meter

I have that type sense of humor I just might do that.

Times are tough
Old 04-21-2017, 04:24 PM

Bad truck

Originally Posted by coryc85
Ok, still very hard to make out all of what you are saying, punctuation would help. You might want to slow down and really proofread what you are writing so we can all get the message. I think maybe you are saying you are getting no signal to the Cold Start injector, measured by a test light, and you think the CSI timer switch is bad. You really do need a meter because there are some specs to be able to test it at both cold and warm temperatures. Aside from that, you can remove it and clean it up including the face of the intake where it makes contact and see if that helps because it needs a ground through the intake. Sounds like you have some fuel problems, you already had a rusty lead in the tank, are you certain you are getting good fuel pressure? There is the COR relay that has to get a signal from the AFM to close and enable the fuel pump. You can bypass that will a paperclip in the diag connector from Fp to B+ just to eliminate that as a possibility.

Ok my test light checks polarity. Put the clip on ground to positive, you get a red light clip on positive and go to ground and get green light. I put clip on positive and touch the leed to csi time switch. My light flashes green and the Innjecktors click. I test the leeds to the thermal switch next to the time switch, both leed show red and green light. 1st how does a wire have positive and negative? Why do my Innjecktors click testing the leed. I did use the paper clip and had fuel pump working has pressure. Jumper wire to cold start injector, it sprayed. No signal from time switch. Time switch is grounded. Put extra ground to motor. I do need new meeter. Working all weekend Willie Nelson show white water ampatheiter new brafulls Texas. So Sunday. Any help would be great, Thanks jim
Old 04-21-2017, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by J.z.
Ok my test light checks polarity. Put the clip on ground to positive, you get a red light clip on positive and go to ground and get green light. I put clip on positive and touch the leed to csi time switch. My light flashes green and the Innjecktors click. I test the leeds to the thermal switch next to the time switch, both leed show red and green light. 1st how does a wire have positive and negative? Why do my Innjecktors click testing the leed. I did use the paper clip and had fuel pump working has pressure. Jumper wire to cold start injector, it sprayed. No signal from time switch. Time switch is grounded. Put extra ground to motor. I do need new meeter. Working all weekend Willie Nelson show white water ampatheiter new brafulls Texas. So Sunday. Any help would be great, Thanks jim
i don't think my time switch is bad it's not getting signal. Shows good ground. What is really tripping me out, is the test light flashing​, and Innjecktors clicking when I touch the light to the time switch leed. And the thermal switch next to it has positive and negative at the same time.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:02 AM

Red face

For what it is worth I have had 22Re engines that the cold start injector did not work or removed and the line plugged run just fine .

A little hard starting in winter but it does not keep the engine from running
Old 04-22-2017, 03:43 PM

Bad truck

i just borrowed a friend's meeter, did every test in the book, all parts check out ok. But one, coil secondary resistance was infinity​. Book SED bad​ ignighter​ , is there any way to test the ignighter? Or why does my csi time switch not getting signal? Any help would be great Thanks