General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Turbo Diesel Engines?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CyMoN
if you wanted to be real slick try to find a 4 cylinder military multi fuel generator motor and install that into your truck,
some of the duce and a half's are multi fuel.
you can run them on gas, propane, diesel, kerosene and I think veggie oil.

I think they also can run on a gas&oil and oil&kerosene mixtures they would smoke a lot but they would run.
I have never heard of such a thing. Can you PM me a few links on these egines or or even a the names of these engines and I can research it myself. Ideally I would like more power, but I would also like a clean burning engine that can run on bio-diesel. So I am not too fond of the smoking engines polluting our world we all share, but let me know what info you have. Sounds very interesting.

Originally Posted by Belize Off Road Team
This is why i recommend getting an old TOYOTA diesel. because it has to be 25 years or older right, so by buying a 1970's toyota diesel engine you are meeting the USA fed. regulations.
What are a few old Toyota Diesels you can recommend? It would be great to stick with a clean burning Toyota Diesel and if it puts out enough power on bio-diesel, then perhaps I do not need turbo, unless these older Toyota engines you refer to already have turbo. Turbo is always a plus for the applications I intend to use this 4Runner for.

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Ah not this again......

BTW, selling used cats for use in motor vehicles is Illegal in ANY state. That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Thats why when you all get your cats cut off your trucks, you cannot call us at the wrecking yard and purchase a replacement. It's a screwed up law that allows thieves to steal them and sell them willy nilly for scrap, but no one can fix it and there is really no legal recourse.
Originally Posted by FredTJ
What in the world are you talking about "ah not this again" ???
I said nothing about selling used cats.
Fred
FRED,
Again, we appreciate your input but please PM me about your concerns with EPA regulations since that is not the topic of this thread. I see you Edited you original post again and I to admire your ambition and research efforts into the laws regarding EPA regulations however as you can see, this is not the topic of this thread and these laws do not pertain to all engine swaps, especially my intentions. I have mentions that I have been with the EPA for many years now so I can understand you concerns but you must understand my intentions are in no way to violate the laws or pollute our precious environment. So I ask once again, please PM me about your concerns and I am happy to have you discuss it with one of the many representatives on three way with the EPA on engine swaps. Thank you again for your input.

Last edited by Ryan; 09-08-2008 at 12:51 AM.