General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Toyotatruckengine.com?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyotatruckengine.com?

Has anyone gotten an engine or parts from these guys? I'm going to be ordering an engine and was wondering if anyone had any input

thanks!
Old 02-17-2017, 08:40 PM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
They do business under many names. Apr auto, a1, and some others that slip my mind currently...

I live outside Denver, they are in Colorado springs (maybe an hour drive).. I had my engine shipped from halfway across the county.

They sell a "new" 22re for under 2k, they want 700$ more for an RTE rebuild. The part price difference is <200$, their math just didn't work for me..
Old 02-17-2017, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Co_94_PU
They do business under many names. Apr auto, a1, and some others that slip my mind currently...

I live outside Denver, they are in Colorado springs (maybe an hour drive).. I had my engine shipped from halfway across the county.

They sell a "new" 22re for under 2k, they want 700$ more for an RTE rebuild. The part price difference is <200$, their math just didn't work for me..
On their website they have a 22rte for like $2000, which says they could ship one out in 24 hours so I called them to get some info on it and they were like, "we haven't had one of those in a year". Kinda bummed about that. Back to the hunt!
Old 02-18-2017, 10:09 AM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
Core charge makes up the difference. I couldn't talk myself into paying 500 for them to bore two holes, and yes I know the oil supply one isn't just a bang it in a drill press ordeal. Well it is if they have a jig already really.

Anyways I can't say do or don't only "I didn't". Partly based on the cost partly on the lack of any rave reviews.

Overall I had a good experience with sunwest automotive, dispite the hickups. He doesn't get his emails, and sourced a converted RTE block that was not done to OEM specs (oil feed and drain are oddballs) which was copied over to mine. Details are on the first page of my build thread.

He is aware of the feed line mistakes but I don't recall for certain if we discussed the drain being off spec.. He will be getting my OEM block if it needs work when I got around to putting it back on the road, so again it wasn't a horrible experience..

Worth noting I don't have several thousand miles on it yet just a few.

If you're local enough to have APR do the install maybe it's worth having them do the install, which forces them deeper into the warranty..