General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Toyota Auction Results

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 08:22 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Toyota Auction Results

Since I’ve seen several people here, including myself, are looking for Toyotas I figured I would post this up as an FYI. As this is primarily a truck site I’m just posting the truck results.

In the past I have bought (to flip) cars from auctions. There is a bit of a gamble in it but I try to do my homework, have a plan and focus on only 1 or 2 vehicles. I got an email from one of the places about an auction that happened on Saturday (1/14/17). There was a 4Runner on the list so I kept an eye on it and a RAV4.

It said both vehicles “Start/Run/Drive”, but I did not inspect them. If I had been a serious buyer I would have gone over them fairly well. I believe all of the vehicles started at $50. The internet fee (12%), $45 Title fee, and taxes (8.6%) raise the end cost some.

1995 Toyota 4Runner: 137k - Automatic - 4WD - 3.0L V6. The pics (external only) looked very good. 2 days before the final it was up to $1400 (within a day of being opened for online bidding). It sold for $1900 online.

2000 Toyota RAV4: 181k - 2.0L L4. In the pics there was a medium sized dent on one front fender (probably easy to repair or replace), otherwise it looked in decent shape. This one sold for $650 at the auction location. If I had the cash I might have taken a shot at it, seems like a good price for a potential flip. I would also have known a lot more about RAV4s beforehand.