General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Psycho Drivers here in Springfield

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 05:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Psycho Drivers here in Springfield

Wow...lets talk about losers here in Springfield!! . I had to travel to Eugene Yesterday to pick up some computers knowing I'm a a computer dealer here in Springfield. I was heading on the I-105 to Eugene, made the curve before heading into Eugene which is a 3 lane road. I signaled to get to the far right lane to turn onto 6th Ave into Eugene. The second I got over into my lane, some lame ass floored his truck to try and stop me from getting into the lane ...I pissed him off I guess after making the change. I looked up in the rear view mirror and seen him giving me a two one finger salute which in return I gave one back.
The man was having a bad day I guess or didn't like the color Yellow, he jumps into the passing lane, got beside me and slammed the left side of my truck He floored it of course dragging his truck down along side of mine. All I could hear was metal crunching and some of the worse sounds coming from outside of my truck..and note my drivers side window was opened so the sound was terrifying. I forgot my phone so wasn't able to phone home.

I followed him into Eugene where he finally stopped telling me I cut him off. He came to his senses and let me know he was having a bad day and that I was just in the wrong place and the wrong time. We exchanged info thank god he had good insurance :-)
The wheels and tires I have stick out a bit over an inch, when he slammed me, my drivers mirror made first contact with his pickup which was flatten against my door, then my wheel made contact, creased his truck from right behind his front wheel to his rear bumper. If I had to guess..over $2000.00 in damage on his truck.. I was scared to look at my truck.
At first glance my truck looked a bit screwed. We changed info, got back into my truck, adjusted my mirror he flatten against my truck and back home I went.
I got home, inspected the damage, only to find the only thing that happened to my truck was a 4" crease my mirror made when it flatten against my door, about 6" of side molding transfer on my paint and wheel damage from scrapping down the side of his truck. I think my truck was spared because of the wheels sticking out and good mirrors
Goes to show the mighty Toyota wins this time!

I'm heading over to his house this morning to take pictures of the damage to his truck to give you all a good laugh and will post this later

Shouldn't mess with a man in his Toyota...and I didn't back down :-)
Attached Thumbnails Psycho Drivers here in Springfield-dscn1030.jpg   Psycho Drivers here in Springfield-dscn1033.jpg   Psycho Drivers here in Springfield-dscn1046.jpg   Psycho Drivers here in Springfield-dscn1047.jpg   Psycho Drivers here in Springfield-dscn1049.jpg  

Psycho Drivers here in Springfield-dscn1050.jpg   Psycho Drivers here in Springfield-dscn1051.jpg  

Last edited by itsivxx; 06-22-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:07 PM

Chevy VS Toyota and Toyota Wins hands down !! The dude took full responsibility that crunched me and the adjuster will be here in the morning to make a bid and cash me out :-)
Old 06-21-2016, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for sharing and I'm glad everyone's ok and the Toyota did win! I'm in the Sacramento area and drive about 50 miles a day for work. I can't begin to explain the crappy driving that happens in this city. People act as if the world revolves around them. For the most part I'm in one of my Toyotas and drive them with the upmost respect...people HATE IT when I'm taking my time turning and slowing down for red lights way ahead of time. The complete stops at stop signs and right turns on red kill people inside around here.

Let us know how everything turns out!!!!
Old 06-21-2016, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Trents3.slow
Thanks for sharing and I'm glad everyone's ok and the Toyota did win! I'm in the Sacramento area and drive about 50 miles a day for work. I can't begin to explain the crappy driving that happens in this city. People act as if the world revolves around them. For the most part I'm in one of my Toyotas and drive them with the upmost respect...people HATE IT when I'm taking my time turning and slowing down for red lights way ahead of time. The complete stops at stop signs and right turns on red kill people inside around here.

Let us know how everything turns out!!!!
I know all about the California driving and I love it!! The 12 years I was there it was all about Civics ...perfect for California. Driving at 80 to 90MPH was nothing for them. I lived in Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Palo Alto and West Sac. Seen the worst drivers there, glad I was able to stay a head of them. We worked down to Oregon and within the first 6 months I lost my license 3 times, 2 of them over lapping each other. Bad habit to bring back from there
Old 06-21-2016, 07:42 PM

Oh I hear you there!

The 10 freeway between white water and Arizona is like the autobon. I was born and raised in Palm Springs. The CHP's are ruthless in that area. I use to ride my crotch rocket from Yucca valley to Palm Springs in 8 minutes flat. HAHAHAH !

I miss that desert. It was off-road trails for days.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:05 AM

Don't drive here in Tn, I moved here to Nashville figured out really quick these ppl can't drive. Later found out the state does not require drivers ED.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:23 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
i never had drivers ED just what is it??

It is hard to say just where the worst drivers are.

My personal favorites are the ever popular right turn out of the left turn lane.

Another is these newer vehicles must have the turn signals as a option they seem not to have purchased .

Set the cruise control 3 mph below the speed limit and never get out of the left lane

I have not been to Nashville in sometime but there traffic was nothing neither was the loop through Chicago compared to in the combat zone East of the Hudson River!!!