Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

New to Toyota Pickup Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine for 3900 with 220k on the clock, runs amazingly well and has a perfect body and frame coming from Arizona. I thought the price was a bit much until I actually owned it and drove it 20k. Well worth the initial investment. Toyotas are expensive for a reason, like people here have said. Goodluck searching! I am sure one will pop up soon.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a rust free truck with lower milage 50,000 to 120,000 in my area it seems like the average prices are around $8500 to $9500. I would have certainly jumped on that price of $3900 around here, and everyone I know whose had one loves the little pickups. It just seems like the vehicles are so much more expensive in the southeast though and the rust issues appear to be a huge problem. In all honesty, if this truck I'm going to look at truly only has rust on just the bed and nowhere else. I'd buy it and consider replacing the current bed with a fiberglass one because it only has a little over a 100K original miles and a ton of new parts (clutch, water pump, exhaust, wheels/tires, etc).

Thank you for your input, I'll keep my hopes up haha!

Take care!
Old 03-05-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by catamountkid
For a rust free truck with lower milage 50,000 to 120,000 in my area it seems like the average prices are around $8500 to $9500. I would have certainly jumped on that price of $3900 around here, and everyone I know whose had one loves the little pickups. It just seems like the vehicles are so much more expensive in the southeast though and the rust issues appear to be a huge problem. In all honesty, if this truck I'm going to look at truly only has rust on just the bed and nowhere else. I'd buy it and consider replacing the current bed with a fiberglass one because it only has a little over a 100K original miles and a ton of new parts (clutch, water pump, exhaust, wheels/tires, etc).

Thank you for your input, I'll keep my hopes up haha!

Take care!
I had to put a couple thousand into it like other people said on here, but totally worth it in the end. Just posted it in the classifieds as I am in need of something more family friendly . Post photos when you find one!
Old 03-05-2017, 05:59 PM

Will do, thank you!
Old 03-06-2017, 07:39 AM

So here is another truck I've found for sale but was curious how much you all think it would be worth?

There's some rust on the bed as most of them have in this area. There's a list of new parts but I'll ask to see receipts.

1986 TOYOTA TRUCK
4WD
122K ACTUAL MILES
22R ENGINE
5 SPEED
AIR CONDITIONING
FACTORY SUNROOF
NEW CLUTCH
NEW WATER PUMP
NEW BACK WINDOW
NEW FRONT BUMPER
NEW ALTERNATOR
NEW TAIL PIPE
ION ALLOY WHEELS
COOPER DISCOVERER TIRES
RUNS AND DRIVES GOOD

Old 03-06-2017, 01:43 PM

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts
It's tough to say man. $1000 for a new bed painted to match? Probably fiberglass to eliminate rust in the future. Guessing completely on price. If there is rust on the bed you will find it elsewhere I promise.

It really sounds like you should try and find someone on here locally that can maybe go look at a rig or 3 with you. Or pay for someone that inspects older toyotas to do it. Price is very subjective.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by thefishguy77
It's tough to say man. $1000 for a new bed painted to match? Probably fiberglass to eliminate rust in the future. Guessing completely on price. If there is rust on the bed you will find it elsewhere I promise.

It really sounds like you should try and find someone on here locally that can maybe go look at a rig or 3 with you. Or pay for someone that inspects older toyotas to do it. Price is very subjective.
That is a valid point, cosmetic rust doesn't worry me as much because I don't mind putting some extra money into getting fiberglass components and putting them on later on. I'm more worried about major rust areas like on the frame and so on but maybe that's just hopeful thinking that rust on a bed may not be on the frame. I do have my stepfather going with me and looking who is knowledgeable, I'm more or less trying to gain extra information elsewhere to to make the best decision possible. Thank you for your info and comments, I really appreciate all the help I've received so far.