Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Cable rear locker

Old 12-12-2016, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cable rear locker

Hey guys my name is Seth, I have a question? I was wanting to install a OX locker system in my 1988 Toyota pickup 2.4, 4x4, regular cab, short bed
I like the cable setup because its all manual which I like the problem Is they don't make one for my truck. Any ideas? I do not want the automatic I drive this truck a lot on the highway.
Has anyone put a manual in theres? I would like to stay away from the air systems like ARB seems like a lot could go wrong there. any help would be awesome!
Old 12-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Chilkat designs makes a cable converter for the Toyota Elocker
it isn't cheap
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/chilk...onversion.html
Old 12-12-2016, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sheustess
Hey guys my name is Seth, I have a question? I was wanting to install a OX locker system in my 1988 Toyota pickup 2.4, 4x4, regular cab, short bed
I like the cable setup because its all manual which I like the problem Is they don't make one for my truck. Any ideas? I do not want the automatic I drive this truck a lot on the highway.
Has anyone put a manual in theres? I would like to stay away from the air systems like ARB seems like a lot could go wrong there. any help would be awesome!
Check out www.yotalockers.com for information on the Australian solution - the Harrop Eaton ELocker. Unlike OEM elocker, everything is inside the axle housing. Instead of air line, relay, switch, compressor and tank, you have a simple two-wire harness running to a switch on the dash. Based on licensed Eaton technology and components, the Harrop is a beast - been in production for over eight years. Strong, 4-pinion design and almost no moving parts for actuation.

Good video here

Search this Thread