Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

92 Toyota 22re idle up vavle

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 Toyota 22re idle up vavle

I'm having high idle problems I've noticed on other post that the idle up vavle has a screw where mine has a cap should mine have a screw and it is broke?
Old 03-19-2017, 02:54 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Unless something is broke allowing air to be pulled in or that cap is dry rotted and cracked .

It should be fine.

It has been quite some time since I looked at a 22re of that year .

That valve just looks different then the mid eighties engines I have no doubt a upgrade of some sort .

Just what is under the cap??
Old 03-19-2017, 07:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should be a spring around that port that your cap is covering and a bolt through it compressing the spring. Bet you can find those two parts super easy in a salvage yard for little of nothing.

I am very familiar with that particular cap. When I did some modifications to my engine, i needed to use a bunch of caps. Some of the caps were thick, black rubber and I bought them in individual sizes. I also ended up buying some of those type of caps because I couldn't find the black ones in the right size at the particular store I was at. The black rubber ones are still doing fine. All of the ones like the one in your picture failed within 6 months. You are going to need to do something about that cap pretty soon.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any idea what this part is called?