Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

85 toyota celica st 22re

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
85 toyota celica st 22re

Hello my name Is Aarron, I live in Oklahoma City and I'm a Chevy guy, and I don't know about these toyota motors, but through some searching I have found a little info on them, I recently acquired a 1985 celica st and started messing up really bad so I replaced plugs and fuel filter and still running like poo so I checked fuel pressure and it was 10 psi, well got a bad pump so pulled tank and pump and had to clean the tank bc of the rust, well got all that done and in the process I cleaned the injectors as well, put it all together and BAM runs like a champ except for the fact I have one injector that is leaking where the plastic connector meets the fuel injector body, I am very limited on funds I have $45 to work with and I found an injector online for 35 with a $15 core plus shipping, I was wondering if anyone on here has one I can buy I'd greatly appreciate it, I know I know I'm new and no one knows me, I'm on Ltxtech well not in the last 3-5 months, they can vouch for me I'm a good guy, I'm in a bind and need help, OH ALSO the car has 223xxx miles on it and it's a 5 spd

thanks in advance

Last edited by Casey200000007; 01-02-2017 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 01-02-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

PM me your info I should have 4 I can send you for the cost of shipping

Which should only be less then $10.00

As one time I had 7 Celica`s of that vintage

Let me know!!
Old 01-02-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to a local recycling yard and found an 82 Toyota can't remember what it was but it was a v6 the injectors looked the same as mine so I pulled them well I go to check out and the guy wants $20 each I'm like are you serious?!?! I can get a new reman for 35 and he's like the best I can do is $10 but only if you buy all 6, I told him all I have is $45 (that's the truth) and I don't even know if these injectors work, he says well I can do $15 each so I found the two that looked the best and ended up paying $32, got home and tested the two injectors and they both worked, they were a little clogged but after running two syringes of brake cleaner through them they were spraying great.

if I woulda saw this earlier I woulda bought yours, but thanks for the reply man, if you happen to know anyone that's on this forum that's local to me that has any parts let me know or send them my way plz, I need a driver and passenger seat, mine are torn on the part by the thigh from getting in and out
Old 01-03-2017, 12:01 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Celica-GTS.com

Great Forum for the third generation Celica

If your going to drive this Car it is a great resource to have