Received 1 Like on 1 Post
talk about RARE PARTS
it's my only hesatation
well let me know anyways.
ive got access to a small plane so getting over there wouldnt be a problem
Old 06-13-2009, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by red1983
What I would LOVE to find is the plastic lens cover for the dome light!
Go look around at the junk yard on south CR 222. Those guys are great and there's a white toyota that might have what you need and he doesn't charge alot like Lon's.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:16 AM

79-80 axle hub
Old 06-13-2009, 07:21 AM

Received 273 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by gsb15
well let me know anyways.
ive got access to a small plane so getting over there wouldnt be a problem
of course I will let them go ... seems like they will have a good home with you , and I would rather that then have them sit in my shop and possably get ruiend .

If your willing to bring the stuff I want up .. I think we can make a deal .

I will PM you .
Old 06-13-2009, 07:42 AM

people may hate me if they knew how many of these parts a had lying around and got rid of
Originally Posted by 4banginRunner
x2, I don't throw away much, I'm just a Toyota pack rat

how this one ..

when I was back at the dealership , I had "inhearited" a mostly obsolete inventory from the previous Parts manager .. back then or inventory @ cost was running $200.000.00 we we're the largest TRUCK dealer in Canada . By the the late 80's and early 90's the obsolete inventory was a real pain , and we made a decision (dealer owner , Toyota Canada and I ) to wright-off the old inventory , and continue with a cleaner inventory . We also decided , instead of distroying the parts , as requested by Toyota Canada . we would move them up to my Garage , inventory them there .. and try and sell what we could to recover some of the cost . because of the nature of the parts , (79-83 Truck parts) most were collision repair pieces , interiors , exteriors , trim , and front powertrain pieces .. and not much sold . $70.000.00 worth at cost . 5 years later , and not knowing where my personal life was headed , I wanted my garage back .. so EVERYTHING was crushed .

Old 06-13-2009, 09:51 AM

OUCH!, I have a SR5 Chrome Tailgate :o. Chrome bezeled doors, and Had chrome mirrors but a guy offered me $$$ and i didn't think they were rare lol.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:06 PM

Is the console for 2 Wheel drive or 4 Wheel Drive?
Old 06-19-2009, 04:12 PM

for me, and i dont care what anyone says, would be a RUST FREE box in canada, i personaly have NEVER found a rust free, origional steel box(with tailgate) in canada, if i could, i would have it on my truck in a matter of seconds.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Found a pristine black dash pad w/ vents in the junkyard the other day in a '82 2WD....to bad my wallet wouldn't let me get it. Its probably crushed by now pooooo
Old 06-19-2009, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by suncomb1
Is the console for 2 Wheel drive or 4 Wheel Drive?

I think this is Pauls "wish list" not a for sale list .....

Originally Posted by yotaboy82
for me, and i dont care what anyone says, would be a RUST FREE box in canada, i personaly have NEVER found a rust free, origional steel box(with tailgate) in canada, if i could, i would have it on my truck in a matter of seconds.
Never happen .. unless it is an old "Canadian show truck"

Box added to the list

Originally Posted by 4banginRunner
Found a pristine black dash pad w/ vents in the junkyard the other day in a '82 2WD....to bad my wallet wouldn't let me get it. Its probably crushed by now pooooo

dash pad is on the list ... but dude .. if you find this stuff .. let the members know .. I would have personally forwarded my visa card to purchace such a piece ...
Old 06-20-2009, 12:02 PM

side marker bezels, and even the side markers are hard to find in decent (anything but cracked) condition.

door panels are hard to find around here, i settled for earlier model (2wd) panels that show the metal at the top of the door. only problem the repainted truck now shows the original lighter blue color in that spot!

i would give my left nut for a pristine dash pad. i got a tan one that is getting painted (whole interior is going black) but its still has the typical cracks and busted out speaker hole. but its better then no pad at all, the original was moldy so it got pitched.

Al
Old 06-20-2009, 03:33 PM

i found the bumper today, its off an 83, 100% strait, no dings or rust, even on the back side. its complete with the bumper ends, trim, signals and mounts. the guy wants 100 bucks.

also this wrecker is made up of mostly toyota trucks. hes probably got a dozen or more 1st gens, so any other little parts he may have.

CQ CQ ... gsb15 .. gsb15 , are you out there ... come in come in '

Old 06-26-2009, 04:27 PM

how about an Air conditioning unit ... how rare is that ?

Old 06-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Contributing Member

I sure would love to find a reed valve for my stock emission system, seems pretty rare if not impossible. I've got an old military buddy married to a Japanese gal and he is trying to see if her family back in Japan has any luck getting it there. Anybody ever tried the place in California called "Just Dashes"? They claim to rebuild (new foam, shaped and new vinyl) dashes. it's pretty pricey like $800 but if I ever get to that point I'd probably pay that for a mint like new dash pad.

Last edited by Flek23; 06-28-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:15 PM

If you don't mind just covering up your dash pad you could always go with a full dash cover. I got one for my '83 Trailblazer off of dashtops.com and it looks great! What they are is a piece of molded plastic that you glue right on top of the stock dash pad. You can hardly tell the difference between a stock dash pad and a dash cover.

What I can't seem to find is the plastic dash piece that the stock radio and everything is placed. Especially one that hasn't been cut up to fit a cd player in. I'm looking for an '83 model any thoughts?
Old 06-29-2009, 02:09 AM

I Just saw an 1983 wood trim dash insert on eBay that was in pretty good shape, dirty but not in cut-up. I watch for things on Toyota Trucks-Vintage and some items only need a good cleaning..
Old 06-29-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by paulbest5
The most difficult 79-83 STOCK parts I have been looking for or have not seen alot or any of are:

Uncut dash radio bezels- especially the 81 DLX and SR5 version with the printed plate rather than the raised letters around the heaters controls with the wood grain sticker.

Front and rear mud flaps

Stock antenna

Door panels- any color

plastic kick plates- any color

Non vent style front seal peice- sits at front of glass in corner

Non vent style inside and outside window trim gaskets- vented style available on Ebay

Tilt column cover- any color

Factory DLX and SR5 fabric in good shape- colors tan, blue, and black ( like the Trekker seats in 81-82- I have located a good color match for the TAN vinyl fabric only

Shifter knobs and floor boots

Stickers on interior and in engine compartment- none dealer available; I will be recreating I guess

DLX and SR5 amp and oil gauge holder-sits on transmission cowling-any color

4x4 front fender logos

4x4 front bumper; both 79-81 and 82-83 styles

82-83 4x4 front bumper end caps

Rear bumper with chrome caps-same as stock 2WD, but nearly impossible to find

Rear veiw mirror with flip lever for high beams on the lower side- any color- most are the single lense style and all I have seen in either style are oxidated on the winsield side

Trekker only hard to find:

Side and rear window gaskets-still working on finding the last two gaskets

rear seat clips

hatch glass

The parts I need right now are the rear mud flaps and 81 radio dash bezel

DUDE! You need to check the online forums more often. If we're talking used, not things you've tried to get from the factory. I found a mint dash with uncut bezel on craigslist a couple months after getting my truck. I found more than a couple of the oil/volt gauges. My truck came with a flip rear view mirror without oxidization so I haven't looked so I don't know about those. I know the 4x4 fender logos seem rare...but I know where there are about 4-6 sets..What engine compartment stickers do you want? Marlin sells the 22R/E ones, but I don't know about vacuum diagrams and such. Shifter knobs and a lot of this other stuff I found easily in the "practically anything you want" thread here and on Marlin that dirtoyboy started. I got clips for my sun visors, rear sliding window clasp, shifter knob, sun visor, plug for the holes in the cab, side view mirror, oil/volt gauge, sr5 cluster, etc. all from that thread.

The mudflaps are rare because they are crap. Bend them once, try to bend them back and they snap off. I put later model flaps on mine. Just had to cut and drill the flaps a little.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Flek23
I sure would love to find a reed valve for my stock emission system, seems pretty rare if not impossible. I've got an old military buddy married to a Japanese gal and he is trying to see if her family back in Japan has any luck getting it there.

dang ... lucky you ..
lots of this stuff .. like my chrome mirrors .. are still avaliable in Japan .. you just need to know someone who speaks Japanese .

Old 06-29-2009, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by suncomb1
I Just saw an 1983 wood trim dash insert on eBay that was in pretty good shape, dirty but not in cut-up. I watch for things on Toyota Trucks-Vintage and some items only need a good cleaning..
What is Toyota Trucks-Vintage is that a web site? or a search filter for eBay? I'm not supper familiar with eBay.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:08 PM

Orignal foot pedal pads haha

Quick Reply: 79-83 RARE parts thread ...