03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

Truck won't start, HELP PLEASE!

Old 03-04-2017, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck won't start, HELP PLEASE!

Hi guys,
I'm new here, came over from the 4runner forum. I just bought a 2008 TRD v6 Tacoma after totaling my 4runner. I was in the process of wiring up my light bar when I messed up! I believe the wires on the Mictuning switch got crossed and now the truck will not start. When I turn the key the dome lights come on but the radio and some of the dash lights are not on. I get no clicking when trying to start but the lights flicker and then eventually go out. Could I have somehow fried the starter relay? I checked all fuses in the cab and under the hood, nothing is blown. I'm so confused as to what's going on, PLEASE HELP!
Old 03-04-2017, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAWarmack
Hi guys,
I'm new here, came over from the 4runner forum. I just bought a 2008 TRD v6 Tacoma after totaling my 4runner. I was in the process of wiring up my light bar when I messed up! I believe the wires on the Mictuning switch got crossed and now the truck will not start. When I turn the key the dome lights come on but the radio and some of the dash lights are not on. I get no clicking when trying to start but the lights flicker and then eventually go out. Could I have somehow fried the starter relay? I checked all fuses in the cab and under the hood, nothing is blown. I'm so confused as to what's going on, PLEASE HELP!
I've checked all the fuses under the dash and under the hood twice. When I first place the key in all the lights come on as normal, when I turn the key nothing happens and some of the dash lights flicker and go out.

Search this Thread