Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

youtube video on Seafoam; about 20 yrs old?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
youtube video on Seafoam; about 20 yrs old?

I am on youtube, becuase there are so many questions about how to do the seafoam, I wanted to see if there was a good video on it. NOPE!!! NOT A ONE!
Some are close, but no one, really tells you, you have to get it warm first, before doing the treatments, and no one tells you to do it twice in a row, after you get it pretty cleaned out the first time. Also, you need to wait longer than 5 minutes; I have found 15 to be a pretty good time, unless your engine is just absolutely filthy, then maybe you can go longer. Also, you should kill the engine as soon as possible, once you've added the first 6 ounces, either by pinching off the vaccuum line, adding seafoam fast enough to kill it, or someone inside the car, to turn the key off.
You want the liquid to be sitting in the top of the engine, not all getting burned off and away, because you could not kill the engine fast enough!
So then I find the actual Seafoam video, with the seafoam instructor; and right at the beginning, he tells you , in about 1 second, to warm your engine up first, almost as an afterthought. Jerk! And add it at a high idle, why a high idle? This would be a waste... you can almost not hear him say warm it up first, if you weren't listening for it. And of course he is also showing a carbed vehicle, for most of the test! Lastly, I don't think he tells you to wait longer than 5 minutes, nor does he say to do high revs to the engine, until you get it all cleaned out. You would think a multi million dollar company would want you to use their product, to get the most out of it; or maybe they would go back, and do another video, you know, from sometime after Reagan was
the president. But that's just me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D11ZV...eature=related

Last edited by rangerruck; 11-14-2009 at 11:24 PM.