Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Who has the best STASH SPOT in their Truck

Old 11-06-2008, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by krb90
I know someone who got busted for simple possesion here, very small amount, but come to find out that first offense, even with no prior record of any kind is an automatic 10 days in jail. Unless you get a lawyer of course....
Cali is easy, under an ounce is only a ticket - $400, unless its all broken up, then its intent to sell. You could be in trouble then. Nevada = jail, even for a seed. WTF?!

I dont know about Canada, but my buddy lives in BC and said the are worried about the heroin addicts mostly and could care less about weed.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol i keep a S&W 38 special in the cut out for my jack=) thats whats up... fits right btween the jack and the floor with a h&k speed loader on the other side

Last edited by thedude42; 11-06-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:49 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by drguitarum2005
while everything you said is true and there are certain parts i agree with about my own rights...i dont have a problem being courteous to a police officer and not getting all "smart" with him. if i start pulling out the "you do not have a right to search my vehicle" then suddenly hes more suspicious of me and has less reason to be nice with me. he could go as far as to detain me in cuffs. while that certainly wouldnt be legal, that will still waste MORE of my "precious time" to sort that out and prove that he can't do that than if i had just let him search to begin with.

i guess i have more respect for police officers than some people do (i'm not naming anyone at all) and i can spare a few minutes to keep a good relationship with them than to start getting snippy and quoting a lawbook to them, changing the whole situation into a more hostile one
"Detain me in cuffs" WTF? This isn't Syria!!! Not yet anyway.
So you are crystal clear, let me break this down for you ONE MORE TIME..
The mere fact that you do not consent to a search is not a basis to increase probable cause. In other words this cannot be taken into a factor as probable cause.
The United States Supreme Court has said these very words!

It is not the cops business where you are going, what you are doing, why you are in this park at this time of night, why your eyes are red etc etc. You don’t have to be respectful or courteous to an officer who is asking questions he has no business to ask.
There are a majority of police officers that don’t understand they don’t have the authority to ask you questions they are not entitled to ask. Most citizens are too stupid to realize this. The mere fact you answer now gives them the “authority” their “authority” to ask questions the Supreme Court says they cannot ask.

The Supreme Court has NEVER given an officer the authority to fish for information. Example- the denial for answering officer’s questions as basis for probable cause.
The Supreme Court has ruled that the refusal to answer questions cannot be a basis for probable cause!!! Let me make that more clear. THE SUPREME COURT HAS RULED THE REFUSAL TO ANSWER QUESTIONS CANNOT BE A BASIS FOR PROBABLE CAUSE!
You don’t give courtesy to law enforcement! Don’t give them the opportunity to f@#K with you.

You need also understand not all cops are the same. Over zealous cops as well as meet the quota cops will needle what info they can for their own benefit.
You get pulled over for a speeding ticket or you are parked in a community park or whatever. The officer goes through his usual "I stopped you because you were speeding, parked in a handicapped zone etc. After the officer cites you for whatever infraction you have allegedly committed. Your response to any further questioning outside of the initial stop should go something like this- OFFICER “where have you been” YOU “its none of your business” that’s that!
Non-consent to a search does not ultimately mean they cannot search your vehicle IF they have probable cause i.e.: bag of dope on the seat, crack pipe in your mouth, smell of pot. Lets be clear about that. If you are riding clean then fighting their search makes it much more easy for you in court.
The constitution gives you the right to not consent to a search!!!!
Why on earth would you give that up out of courtesy or respect to a cop?
Why let an over zealous cop undermine your constitutional rights?

"I guess i have more respect for police officers than some people do (i'm not naming anyone at all)"
You need to have more respect for the constitution of the United States of America!!
If you are unclear about anything I just wrote I suggest you consult an attorney. I highly doubt he or she would charge you one penny to explain to you what I just wrote.

Last edited by toyospearo; 11-06-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by stagger_lee
I dont know about Canada, but my buddy lives in BC and said the are worried about the heroin addicts mostly and could care less about weed.

yeah, doesnt it make more sence?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:30 PM

my best spot is you guessed it in my body lol

and yes thats a joke
Old 11-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by just a 22re
my best spot is you guessed it in my body lol

and yes thats a joke
Its all good...untill the cops wanna check that too...
Old 11-06-2008, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by toyospearo
"Detain me in cuffs" WTF? This isn't Syria!!! Not yet anyway.
So you are crystal clear, let me break this down for you ONE MORE TIME..
The mere fact that you do not consent to a search is not a basis to increase probable cause. In other words this cannot be taken into a factor as probable cause.
The United States Supreme Court has said these very words!

It is not the cops business where you are going, what you are doing, why you are in this park at this time of night, why your eyes are red etc etc. You don’t have to be respectful or courteous to an officer who is asking questions he has no business to ask.
There are a majority of police officers that don’t understand they don’t have the authority to ask you questions they are not entitled to ask. Most citizens are too stupid to realize this. The mere fact you answer now gives them the “authority” their “authority” to ask questions the Supreme Court says they cannot ask.

The Supreme Court has NEVER given an officer the authority to fish for information. Example- the denial for answering officer’s questions as basis for probable cause.
The Supreme Court has ruled that the refusal to answer questions cannot be a basis for probable cause!!! Let me make that more clear. THE SUPREME COURT HAS RULED THE REFUSAL TO ANSWER QUESTIONS CANNOT BE A BASIS FOR PROBABLE CAUSE!
You don’t give courtesy to law enforcement! Don’t give them the opportunity to f@#K with you.

You need also understand not all cops are the same. Over zealous cops as well as meet the quota cops will needle what info they can for their own benefit.
You get pulled over for a speeding ticket or you are parked in a community park or whatever. The officer goes through his usual "I stopped you because you were speeding, parked in a handicapped zone etc. After the officer cites you for whatever infraction you have allegedly committed. Your response to any further questioning outside of the initial stop should go something like this- OFFICER “where have you been” YOU “its none of your business” that’s that!
Non-consent to a search does not ultimately mean they cannot search your vehicle IF they have probable cause i.e.: bag of dope on the seat, crack pipe in your mouth, smell of pot. Lets be clear about that. If you are riding clean then fighting their search makes it much more easy for you in court.
The constitution gives you the right to not consent to a search!!!!
Why on earth would you give that up out of courtesy or respect to a cop?
Why let an over zealous cop undermine your constitutional rights?

"I guess i have more respect for police officers than some people do (i'm not naming anyone at all)"
You need to have more respect for the constitution of the United States of America!!
If you are unclear about anything I just wrote I suggest you consult an attorney. I highly doubt he or she would charge you one penny to explain to you what I just wrote.
^^I'd kick your taillight out and throw a bag of crack on your seat if I was a cop and you responded like that.^^
Respect and kindness goes a long way whether or not you are receiving it. One cop told me having a Grateful Dead sticker was probable cause to search my car. In the words of my boy "shakedown", nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile. Its all good unless you're up to no good.

Last edited by stagger_lee; 11-06-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:15 PM

^^I'd kick your taillight out and throw a bag of crack on your seat if I was a cop and you responded like that.^^
Respect and kindness goes a long way whether or not you are receiving it. One cop told me having a Grateful Dead sticker was probable cause to search my car. In the words of my boy "shakedown", nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile. Its all good unless you're up to no good.
And I would tie your ass up in court so deep in a lawsuit you wouldn't be able to see the light of day.
Of course a cop told you that. Apparently you are not reading or not understanding what I just wrote. Furthermore, your segue attempt at the apathetic statement, "its all good unless you are up to no good" won't do. Do an in depth case law study search on how many men and women are sitting in state and federal prison appealing their convictions because of a "up to no good." argument. Pay attention to particular parts of these case's involving the individual's knowledge of constitutional rights and how those rights were manipulated.
Tell your boy "shakedown" he needs to come up with a new mantra.

Last edited by toyospearo; 11-06-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:22 PM

does anyone know if the comment on probable cause for stickers on a vehicle is true?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:23 PM

Too bad our word alone wont stand up in court, unless you have a witness or a video camera. Sounds like you have some cops that are up to no good in your area. Most of them around here are pretty decent as long as you are decent. You have to remember they deal with the scum of the earth. I of course mean or meant no disrespect to you toyo and I apologize if I misunderstood your rant.
Originally Posted by sh0kk86
does anyone know if the comment on probable cause for stickers on a vehicle is true?
It happened to me, but its absolutely not true, its called profiling. Dead heads are druggies. Just like all other minorities are looking for a car to break into. It's BS man.

Last edited by stagger_lee; 11-06-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by sh0kk86
Search search
Best thing to do if you are driving dirty or have Dead stickers all over you rig is to ask an attorney. Fragile as they may be you still have law and rights in this country!

Last edited by toyospearo; 11-06-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:48 PM

My incident occurred before 911, to keep the record straight, your honor.

edit: nice recovery. 911 nothing. Muslims aren't dead heads. patriot act my A$$.

Last edited by stagger_lee; 11-06-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:57 PM

My incident occurred before 911, to keep the record straight, your honor.
You should have sued them. I would have represented you!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:59 PM

guys guys guys... i've got a family full of law enforcement.

You say no to a search?

OK... Well, if you dont have a front license plate, its probable cause to search.

A light out? probable cause.

Remember, cops are trained professionals. As smart as you think you are about your rights, they are smarter. The last thing they want is to have a lawsuit against them, so they will do it all legit.

And uh... i hide mine under my foot rest by the clutch.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:06 PM

You should have sued them. I would have represented you!
Whats your #? I'm always looking for a good attorney, and for the record I'm just busting your balls, I mean no disrespect. I'll fly your a$$ down here if I need you you!
Im not a punk a$$ stoner anymore. I'm edumacated.

Last edited by stagger_lee; 11-06-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Squeebs
guys guys guys... i've got a family full of law enforcement.

You say no to a search?

OK... Well, if you dont have a front license plate, its probable cause to search.

A light out? probable cause.

Remember, cops are trained professionals. As smart as you think you are about your rights, they are smarter. The last thing they want is to have a lawsuit against them, so they will do it all legit.

And uh... i hide mine under my foot rest by the clutch.
And I have a family full of criminal defense attorney's
I know of no state where not having a front license plate is probable cause to search a vehicle (search of a vehicle falls under the 4th amendment http://www.lectlaw.com/def/f081.htm) It is in SOME states considered PRIMARY CITABLE meaning it is probable cause for a vehicle stop not a vehicle search.
You are confusing probable cause stop with probable cause search.. One deals with a traffic issue and the other with your 4th amendment rights regarding legal search and seizure.
And that statement about cops being "smarter about your rights" is nonsense. Go down to your county courthouse on any given working day, sit in a courtroom and listen to a cop getting cross examined by a defense attorney as to how the arrest went down. In addition, sit a while longer and listen to how many cases deal with "legit" police procedures.
Cops are not trained lawyers and no they don't always do it "legit" and yes there are hundreds of thousands of lawsuits against the police argued every damn working day.
Good God,
This website needs a forum regarding legal issues!

Last edited by toyospearo; 11-07-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:20 PM

My front license plate is bent in half due to steep take off, is that probable cause for citation or search?
Name:  img_0958.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  91.4 KB

Last edited by stagger_lee; 11-06-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 PM

My front license plate is bent in half due to steep take off, is that probable cause for citation or search?
It is important to keep in mind we are a nation of LAWS and those laws are readily available to anyone who has the mental capability and curiosity to seek them out.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5201.htm
Nice truck by the way!!

Last edited by toyospearo; 11-06-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by bigt
just like at home... i store all my herbs in glass mason jars..cures and no smell...

AMEN!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:34 PM

It is important to keep in mind we are a nation of LAWS and those laws are readily available to anyone who has the mental capability and curiosity to seek them out.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5201.htm
That was more a question for our boy squeebs but...

Looks like I am straight then, according to the law. I am serious about wanting your number. I own a business and could run into trouble at any time. PM me.

Last edited by stagger_lee; 11-06-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has the best STASH SPOT in their Truck