Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Who has the best STASH SPOT in their Truck

Old 11-06-2008, 11:02 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by stagger_lee
That was more a question for our boy squeebs but...

Looks like I am straight then, according to the law. I am serious about wanting your number. I own a business and could run into trouble at any time. PM me.
Almost all of my immediate family are lawyers and have a firm in a different state. I would hook you up with numbers but different states have different laws. I didn't say I was an attorney I just said I would represent you. Based on what you wrote about you being detained for stickers and you being profiled I figured it would be an easy win regardless if one was an attorney or not. Sorry about that I was being sarcastic.
As for the fast edit regarding the Patriot Act I didn't want to get into a Q and A nightmare for the next week or so.
I wish I could say with certainty our rights are protected under the constitution.
peace!

Last edited by toyospearo; 11-06-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You the man! Thanks. I'll keep you/family in mind. Believe me I am all about sticking it to the man. PEACE!!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toyota4x4907
Here in Alaska, 19+ year olds can legally have up to 4 ounces in possession, but they can bust you if they think you're going to sell it and I'm pretty sure for transporting as well...
A few years ago the state was trying to make it legal through and through, but that would have conflicted with the federal law....
Just like John Wayne....i'm coming North to Alaska!

About all the legality issues....seems alot of times in a small town you can run into trouble, especially if you're not from there. And to the legally untrained it seems they can do pretty much anything they want. That's kinda scary. When you're nervous (or paranoid, perhaps) it's hard to remember to keep your mouth shut. And it's hard to tell them they can't search, because you know if they really want to, they can make your life hell. All they have to do is keep looking and they'll find or come up with something. So I just end up being nice and cooperative so hopefully things won't get any worse than they already are.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:09 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by krb90
Just like John Wayne....i'm coming North to Alaska!

About all the legality issues....seems alot of times in a small town you can run into trouble, especially if you're not from there. And to the legally untrained it seems they can do pretty much anything they want. That's kinda scary. When you're nervous (or paranoid, perhaps) it's hard to remember to keep your mouth shut. And it's hard to tell them they can't search, because you know if they really want to, they can make your life hell. All they have to do is keep looking and they'll find or come up with something. So I just end up being nice and cooperative so hopefully things won't get any worse than they already are.
I agree. Well said.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:25 AM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
Originally Posted by eighty5yota
im not hiding mexicans in my shift boot, or heroin in my horn button..

i have a pair of brass knuckles under the boot for some protection and some emergency gas money and an extra photo id in the wheel
hahahahahahaha.....that's great.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:29 AM

Old 11-07-2008, 10:52 AM

You guys are paranoid!!! He he he Here is link to tell you what to do if you are pulled over.

http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/obje...E/104/263/ART/

As for a stash spot, as a child of the sixties and seventies, I have heard that a stash bag firmly attached to a wire that you loop over the steering column (under the dash) can be quickly filled with something you might not want others to see then simply pull the wire till the bag is wedged up between the column and the clutter of wires etc under the dash, bunch up the wire and stuff it into the harness. I’ve heard this can be done with out bending over or raising the authority’s attn.

Behave!
Old 12-20-2008, 06:37 PM

I think it is funny how everyone is saying that if cops suspect something that they are going to get warrants and dogs. Really though, if a cop suspects that you have some of that green stuff on you than the most he will do is ask if he can search your car (which you should say yes too or else he will get a warrant). When he does he will look under seats, in compartments, and try and maybe poke around any spots where it would be easy to tuck something in. He is not going to tear apart your car to end up giving you a ticket. Even in the event that you are going to jail for some reason they will still only do a quick look through and then your car gets left there for the towing company to take it to the impound and it will sit in impound until you get it or it is sold at auction. Cops have better things to do than spend 3 hours busting some stoner with a bag of green.

I think one of the guys at the start of this thread had the best idea of keeping it in a magnetic box on the inside of your bumper. So in the event that a cop decides to ask if he can invade your privacy they will more than likely never consider looking outside of the vehicle, especially if you don't have anything (bags, boxes, or even just trash) outside of the cab.

Also what about putting it in the bottom of the air filter box (in a jar or something). also if you are trying to hide scent. put said item in a undewater bag and that in a bag of coffee beans (it helps with the smell, perfume shops use coffee beans when people are smelling perfumes to clear your pallet). and then inside the jar. That would probably work quite well

just my $0.02
Old 12-20-2008, 07:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by smartboyalex
I think it is funny how everyone is saying that if cops suspect something that they are going to get warrants and dogs. Really though, if a cop suspects that you have some of that green stuff on you than the most he will do is ask if he can search your car (which you should say yes too or else he will get a warrant). When he does he will look under seats, in compartments, and try and maybe poke around any spots where it would be easy to tuck something in. He is not going to tear apart your car to end up giving you a ticket. Even in the event that you are going to jail for some reason they will still only do a quick look through and then your car gets left there for the towing company to take it to the impound and it will sit in impound until you get it or it is sold at auction. Cops have better things to do than spend 3 hours busting some stoner with a bag of green.

I think one of the guys at the start of this thread had the best idea of keeping it in a magnetic box on the inside of your bumper. So in the event that a cop decides to ask if he can invade your privacy they will more than likely never consider looking outside of the vehicle, especially if you don't have anything (bags, boxes, or even just trash) outside of the cab.

Also what about putting it in the bottom of the air filter box (in a jar or something). also if you are trying to hide scent. put said item in a undewater bag and that in a bag of coffee beans (it helps with the smell, perfume shops use coffee beans when people are smelling perfumes to clear your pallet). and then inside the jar. That would probably work quite well

just my $0.02
my experience- the best stash spot is in someone else's ride. if there are dogs on scene before they even ask, they have probable cause if the dogs go off.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
have the girlfriend make it disappear.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by bigt
I don't follow. Could you post a video, or ten.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Matt16
I don't follow. Could you post a video, or ten.
ya know... that's just wrong.. from whichever way you look.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by abecedarian
my experience- the best stash spot is in someone else's ride. if there are dogs on scene before they even ask, they have probable cause if the dogs go off.
I have never had that experience. I guess you would be right. It would be like a fifty fifty chance as to one of you getting pulled over.

If you are at risk of getting pulled over for any reason, you probably shouldn't be driving around with anything illegal (I swear officer she said she was 18...hehe).
Old 12-21-2008, 06:40 AM

IT WAS A JOKE
serisouly i only carry stuff on my person,,,
I give no reason to search my person..
Old 12-21-2008, 10:48 AM

That's something I DO NOT want to see a video off.

Last edited by Matt16; 12-21-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:08 AM

IT WAS A JOKE
I give no reason to search my person..
Don't come to Texas. They can arrest you and take you into custody for as little as a seat belt violation. An arrest gives them the authority to conduct search incident to arrest of both the vehicle and your person. Within the city of Houston are several very rich autonomous "villages." In the "villages" people have been arrested and thrown in the slammer for traffic violations on bicycles. But, why worry, if you're not a criminal, what do you have to worry about.

First they came for the seat belt violators, but I always wear my seat belt.

Then they came for the bicycle riders two abreast, but I always ride single file.

. . .
Old 12-21-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by toyospearo
And I have a family full of criminal defense attorney's
I know of no state where not having a front license plate is probable cause to search a vehicle (search of a vehicle falls under the 4th amendment http://www.lectlaw.com/def/f081.htm) It is in SOME states considered PRIMARY CITABLE meaning it is probable cause for a vehicle stop not a vehicle search.
. . .!
I don't know if driving a vehicle without a front license plate or with a burned out bulb etc is a crime in Texas, but many moving violations, including seat belt violations, are low level misdemeanors. http://media.www.bgnews.com/media/st...-1282516.shtml How to handle a misdemeanor of this level is at the discretion of the officer. The officer can ignore it, issue a warning, issue a citation, or conduct a full scale arrest with seizure and search of the vehicle, handcuffs, trip to jail, Miranda warning, etc.

As I said, I'm not sure about the license plate question or about burned out bulbs, but even if the officer can't conduct an arrest, my bet is that the vehicle can be impounded and searched incident to. It would seem that any vehicle which cannot be legally operated can be towed. But, Im not a lawyer, etc.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Contributing Member

Don't STASH !

Back in my day

First find a spot on your floorboard that you could reach while driving without bending “at all”. Pull back the flap of carpet, cut about a 3-inch hole. Then cover it with two slightly overlapping pieces of rubber to keep out wind and water. Put the carpet back and cut a slot in the carpet over the hole. You now have a dump or drop hole that can’t be seen. if the hole happens to be over a spinning driveshaft or U –joint they will disperse anything falling, just like a garbage disposal.

CYA Just an idea, I have no personal experience and have never tried anything like that in my past. Never at any time during the 70’s, never, really! If you’re carrying something you shouldn’t and you insist on continuing (which I don’t in any way recommend).

“Like it’s not my car Man, I’m just borrowing it from this guy, I don’t know his name. I have no idea where that bag came from. See I gave this guy a ride and it’s his and…"
don’t you just love watching Cops

Last edited by SEMSD; 12-23-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:59 PM

drop hole!!!
the steerwheel pops off easy and can hold some stuff..

im glad i dont live in texas!

here they cant search you for no reason!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not really a stash spot but in my old chevy under the steering column there is a nice little lip that you can easyly pop a bottle on, and there was a "drop hole" in the floorboard that you could throw stuff out of. it was a 1964 so who knows how many burnout hippies had that truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has the best STASH SPOT in their Truck