Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Where to get a tranny rebuilt?

Old 10-19-2006, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to get a tranny rebuilt?

..........I want to rebuild the tranny(5sp) and transfer case in my 88 runner but haven't had my calls or emails returned from Marlin Crawler for 3 weeks now so I'm giving up on them. I live in Seattle, doe's anyone know of a good shop that could do that around here...... with a good waranty and heavy duty bearing options etc. etc...... Thanks for your time, getting deperate. TIM
Old 10-20-2006, 08:46 AM

I've had good experience with T&B Transmission in Spokane. http://tbtrans.com/index.htm
They know what they're talking about!
Talk to Tom.
good luck-Hiriden
Old 10-20-2006, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by timk2915
..........I want to rebuild the tranny(5sp) and transfer case in my 88 runner but haven't had my calls or emails returned from Marlin Crawler for 3 weeks now so I'm giving up on them. I live in Seattle, doe's anyone know of a good shop that could do that around here...... with a good waranty and heavy duty bearing options etc. etc...... Thanks for your time, getting deperate. TIM
Marlin Crawler is expanding their warehouse and wont be open for business until mid next week, but I would recommend e-mailing Steve via Marlin's site, specifically their contacts page. You can also try using their forum to contact them on the customer service forum, I have had success there as well.
In my opinion it would be worth waiting a week or two to have Marlin do the work and have the heavy duty bearings installed. Good luck,
Brian
Old 10-20-2006, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by westy44runner
Marlin Crawler is expanding their warehouse and wont be open for business until mid next week, but I would recommend e-mailing Steve via Marlin's site, specifically their contacts page. You can also try using their forum to contact them on the customer service forum, I have had success there as well.
In my opinion it would be worth waiting a week or two to have Marlin do the work and have the heavy duty bearings installed. Good luck,
Brian
{drifting off topic}
A couple of months ago I had a HELLUVA time getting anyone at Marlin to talk to me about returning a product. My story's here on YT, but I think the end result was 2 months of phone calls and emails.

Many people say "yeah, they're really busy... KEEP TRYING!". That's crap. If they're THAT busy then they're making enough money to hire a couple of people to handle customer service calls and emails.

I know they make good products (well, 'cept for my issues) and are said to do good work, but I will NEVER spend a dime with them again.
{drifting back on topic}

Tranny work wise... I don't know of anyone up here. I had to replace mine a while back, and did it myself with a buddy.

Last edited by midiwall; 10-20-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd *highly* recommend Marlin - even with the wait...
Old 10-20-2006, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the input guys.........GREATLY appreciated.Tim