Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

where to get a reman 3vze engine

Old 02-26-2013, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to get a reman 3vze engine

Have you put in a remanufactured or rebuilt 3vze in your rig? Where did you get it and where you satisfied? I am looking to put one in on a rig that was recently given to me by an aunt. I have read about the upgrade to the 3.4 and even asked around some local shops. However for what I am looking for I dont think that is an option so I just want to see who out there has replaced their 3.0 Where did they get it? are they satisfied? anything to look out for? Looking to get some advice before I make a purchase.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:11 AM

Not an endorsement just a Google search.... http://www.enginesus.com/ejsp/items....e=&engineid=36
Old 02-27-2013, 07:56 AM

Yea I found that one while doing my search, I was kind of looking for people that have purchased one and could tell me the likes, dislikes, stay away etc...
I was reading about CHS machines then read several stories about how people said stay away. I am just looking for some first hand knowledge before I make the purchase.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:06 AM

why not just pay a shop to rebuild it ? save almost $500 for shipping $245 for the shipping of the rebuilt one to you and then the same amount again to ship your old one to them.sure you could find a good shop to do it fo less?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 AM

that was and still is an option. However everywhere that I have checked they want to charge way to much money, more than what a reman would cost after all the shipping and core charges. I really havent found anyone local that is just thrilled to do it, the last shop i checked with basically told me he didnt want to mess with it.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:21 PM

What company did you go with for your reman 3VZE

The machine shop called and said that the block and cranked were both to far damaged to repair so I it looks like I am going to just buy a reman. What are some different ones out there? I have done several searches but I want to hear from acutal people that have done this,
I have looked at JIS Engines
The Raptor Engine
AAA Engines.
Do you have any other suggestions.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:26 PM

Go with whoever is closest to you, just incase something goes wrong, shipping is never going to be free for any warranty work. The 3vze isn't a complicated shortblock, any quality engine builder will have a good product.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 PM

Yea I am looking local, however I dont mind the shipping if I can get something that others have used and say they would purchase again. That way I can see some that have been used in that exact application. I am also looking for the High Output engine that some of these merchants offer.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 PM

AAA ive heard is garbage. i wouldnt trust any motor from them. a few people on here swear sunwest automotive engines is good. good luck with whoever you decide to go with.

Last edited by yodafan93; 03-21-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:43 AM

thats a new one, I havent heard of them or seen anything about them on the forum. Has anyone had any luck with this builder?
Old 03-21-2013, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i thought about trying these guys out; Denny's Auto Machine sells rebuilt 3.0's with mls head gaskets and arp studs, saw it listed on ebay
Old 03-21-2013, 03:58 PM

surely someone on here has put in a remanufactured engine and can comment either good or bad about the product and service etc...
Old 03-22-2013, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by blueknob
i thought about trying these guys out; Denny's Auto Machine sells rebuilt 3.0's with mls head gaskets and arp studs, saw it listed on ebay
I just had my 3vze rebuilt by Denny's auto machine in Williamsport, md. Couldn't be happier, I hauled it there and drove it home. He took me through his shop, he has a couple 3.0's and 22r's and re's rebuilt and ready to go. While I was there he was getting calls from all over the country for toyota motors, he ships them anywhere. Great people, can't say enough.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:45 AM

Awesome, thats the kind of feedback I am looking for. I also came across a company I believe to be called MTYota not sure, I cant seem to find them again. Anyways maybe someone else on here can remember or point me in the right direction. has anyone else found a builder that they really like?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:08 AM

NW Team Yota

I just placed a call to these guys and they seem very knowledgeable
they were easy to talk to and answered all my questions. They cost a little more but since they only work with toyota engines I would like to think they pretty much have it figured out. Have any of you ever dealt with NW Team Yota before?
Old 03-22-2013, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by DeadPhish
Awesome, thats the kind of feedback I am looking for. I also came across a company I believe to be called MTYota not sure, I cant seem to find them again. Anyways maybe someone else on here can remember or point me in the right direction. has anyone else found a builder that they really like?
And, may I add, mine comes with a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty. He told he has done close to 50 3vze's.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:29 PM

Well I dont know if this helps but when I bought my 90 truck with the 3.0 the po had the motor replaced by the Toyota dealer here local. It has about 38000 since rebuild and runs like new. Might be an option for you.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:33 AM

I dont think the local dealership is an option for me. They are too proud of what they sell. The best part about this project is that the 4runner was given to me.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:45 AM

There has to be more people out there that has purchased a remanufactured engine from somewhere. Let me know what you think about it
Old 03-25-2013, 07:32 AM

I am going with Denny's Auto Machine Inc, I will keep you posted!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: where to get a reman 3vze engine