Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

What sensors to replace

Old 10-14-2011, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What sensors to replace

Hey guys once again i am doing a long block swap with a late model intake swap and supra afm. I need to know what sensors should be replaced and what other things should I replaced while replacing the engine?
Old 10-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Long block should have everything.
Depends on model to model what connectors are the same or different.
Introducing too many variables in the swap might cause more headaches than if you do the motor swap and get it running right, then do the mods.

:wabbit2:
Old 10-14-2011, 02:46 PM

this long block doesn't have intake or exhaust on it, I was wondering what hoses to replace and any senors that doesn't come with the long block
Old 10-14-2011, 09:02 PM

So nobody can help me with this???
Old 10-14-2011, 10:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can get 10 different answers from 10 people on that question, Where is block coming from? New? used? The vehicle it's going into did all the sensors work when old one engine was removed, if so get some thread sealer and re-install them to the block in the same location. Are you up-grading to a full cluster like I did on my rebuild? If so you will need the bigger gauge sender unit installed on block for the same connector on your wiring harness, there are 2 big round same gauge sender with 2 different connectors. New PCV and new gromet for it? Since your doing a Supra MAFM it's an EFI motor then so does it have the EGR? and the air pipes the go around the back of the block? Some do, Some don't, some people eleminate those, if not eleminated then get new gaskets for them from dealer. I did all new fuel banjo bolt gaskets, the new fuel filter came with 4 gaskets. I bought all new oem dealer radiator hoses and oem pressure cap, and oem cap, rotor, plugs and wires. 2 oem manifold to down pipe exhaust gaskets. Both intake and exhaust manifold gasket came in AZ felpro gasket kit. I used oem head gasket on my new EB head. I got new oem dual thermostat<it didn't come with gasket so order one of those too. Plus with new head I got all new exhaust studs and nuts

I'm trying to say there are different configurations to engines from toyota (CAL, Federal, Canada) and from aftermarket changes from previous owners so only you can decide what to get for your new long block, some new long blocks come with an installation gasket kit, usually left overs gaskets from a new engine put together kit like from felpro. Good luck! Any questions PM me or check out my build thread...

Ps. This site shows pics of things/items you might need from dealer when figuring all what you need. I use it all the time, hasn't let me down yet!!!!

http://www.toyotapartseast.com/