86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

What am I working with? Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What am I working with? Lift?

Rear

Rear

Just picked up this 94 pickup for free, it's a 5 speed 4wd, had mile marker hubs, 4wd wouldn't engage, Tore the hubs apart and and they were all junked up, half the studs came out on the hub, some were out before and just put a bolt through, fragments of metal in wheel bearing assembly, Tore everything apart and find out what I need to order, I know I have a 3in body, missing a few of the body mounts on the bed though. I see it has lift blocks in the back, but the front has barely any clearance, looks like the shocks said rough country but can't tell. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm working with here, sorry pics are a little blurry. Let me know if you even have the slightest clue of what I'm working with here. Thank you all in advance

Last edited by Zach_trun; 03-02-2017 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Pics
Old 03-02-2017, 06:41 PM

Received 805 Likes on 528 Posts
looks mostly like rust.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:20 AM

Received 346 Likes on 215 Posts
Looks like a pretty typical bracket lift up front and lift blocks in the back. Can't tell you what brand, I've never owned or looked into buying a bracket lift.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:38 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Free is a good price. A bit of free advice. Plan build for what you intend to use rig for. If a mall crawler/pavement princess then bracket lifts are fine. If planning on off-roading ditch bracket lift they are known to bend frames from increased leverage on frame; which you might want to evaluate before deciding build. Lift blocks can be troublesome. For off-roading they can fall/wedge out or break. You prolly know most of this but someone reading my not.