86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Update on my HHO project

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update on my HHO project

I have posted the 1st part of the building process on my livevideo site for you guys. have a look

http://www.livevideo.com/renfox

each of the pictures has notes on what i am doing.

Ok. so i need some advise. I am considering installing this HHO setup where the battery currently is (look at pictures of engine on livevideo). there doesn't seem to be any other space to fit 4-6 large mouth mason jars.

1 - What do I do in order to install the battery in the back?
2 - Have you done it or helped someone with it?
3 - whats the cost, difficulty & hours to do this?

I appreciate you guys contributing.

J
Old 04-23-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well I have never done it but my friend did it to his courier and he went a bought a battery relocation kit at knechts. He said it cost about $25, and came with 2 10' cable extensions, and new terminals.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:09 PM

why not relocate the HHo thing to some where It would run cooler then sitting in the engine well I also think if you really want this thing to work you should look over the Stan Meyer stuff I watched some of the videos but have not found any good write ups on leaning out the gas fuel mixture.

I have too say if this dose save even 10 mpg for you it was worth it But I really think you will need a few transformers to change the current you will also need lots of surface area the thinner the stainless steel is the better the current will travel through it for the electrolysis to make enough HHO gas.

good luck to you and please keep us updated.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:28 PM

Hey Guys,

I dont care, what You Jr. rocket scientist's say, This Guys got moxy, read as; Balls!!

His computer chair aint warm, and He'll learn more from this, then He ever Wiki'ed, Google'd, or read, in His life .

Reno, You've already won in My book, No Matter what the results.

You'll need some heavy copper cable, as DC current does not travel well over distance, this is the reason electric companys use AC. (it started out as DC).

Try some 1 or 2 ott welding cable, (the lower the #, the heavier the cable) to relocate Your batteries, solder and insulate Your connections well. It ain't rocket science.

Thanks, Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwipushrod; 04-23-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:49 PM

Battery relocation box is best, unless you're going to mount it on the frame rail under the truck. You can get a box & cables in a kit like Rowdy ^^ said.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...tt=battery+box

Or, if you're using a sealed battery (Optima, etc.) a simple tray will suffice;
http://www.jcwhitney.com/Battery-Tra.../600000927.jcw

Cables and such can be fabricated, or you can buy a complete kit. All in all, remote batteries are pretty simple.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:09 PM

thanks

thanks for the props kiwipushrod, that means alot. i wish more people where jumping on this.

so the battery relocation is just runa big ol zero gauge & box to the back? will that effect charging or performance?

now that i'm thinking of it. it could be safe to have the HHO generator and bubbler run from the back if i could run the tubing safely thru to the engine. I wonder what gauge wire i'll need to use then for the generation. we will see.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:20 PM

wow man you kickin some a$$ on this aye? ill be watching on this to see how it goes man and like kiwi said, keep them tools busy! And as for the battery i did it in my neon i had. very easy and no loss in charging or power good luck with the battery...... you already got real good luck with the hho.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:34 PM

will that effect charging or performance?

Negitive.

Think of wire/electron flow, as a pipe full of "marbles", You "force" a marble in one end, a marble must be displaced, on the other end.

The bigger the pipe, the more marbles it can displace at once.

In a bigger then needed pipe, the marbles/electrons will simply find the path of least resistance. A slight loss, but better then opposite. (to small a pipe)

Then there's superconductivity, but I think that was covered in Your other thread.

Thanks, Kiwi
Old 04-23-2008, 07:48 PM

sweet, that helps alot

I'm starting to get my brain wrapped around this. It's been 10 years since i read about basic electronics theory and if I am going to mess with my truck, I like to double check and get opinions from those who have gone before me.

OK, the next item on the agenda to figure out is how to lean the gasolene. I have plans on how to trick the O2 sensors. my only concern left is this Vane Air Flow Meter. I think I need to get it to run leaner. Maybe not. the HHO gas will be pumped in someplace either right into the intake filter box, or on the pipe after the sensor. I just don't want it to read something and make the fuel richer. I found a thread on MODing the vane.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...ch-lean-82359/

I'm not sure if this could help me. Please visit this video for a sample of someone who has MOD'd HHO for a MAF system.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/98375...t-my-hho-.aspx

this whole process may just take trial and error, but i would like to get as much knowledge on understanding this before drilling holes in intake parts or messing with expensive parts needlessly.

any thoughts on this?

again, thanks from everyone. I'll keep posting stuff on my livevideo site. the pictures have lots of comments. enough to follow along if you wanted. I'll start posting videos soon as it's exciting enough to do so. I should get a slideshow with in order pics soon too.

J
Old 04-23-2008, 07:53 PM

yo allen (just a 22re) i love your avatar. reminds me of when i lived in CO. I had a 22re that I blew up. when i lived in AZ i took the cab & doors off. I hammered up the body so i looked like i was nuts. a sort of "yeah hes ran ppl off the road, stay away" kind of look.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:00 PM

Hey Reno,

Tricking the O2's, and leaning the gasoline, will be the Easy part of getting this operation going.

1 step at a time.

Thanks, Kiwi
Old 04-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
He's got balls all right. That much I'll give him. And, apparently, money to burn.

I do, however, admire someone who doesn't give a crap about what others think, and just gets it done. Props to you man.

However, in your wish that others will join you, I will help your cause.

I will NEVER convert to this system, so my continued patronage of the gas stations will drive prices higher, which, will in turn, drive more people to alternative fuels.

I will continue my search for an alternative fuel source that doesn't produce more greenhouse crap. Perhaps it doesn't exist, but I will continue looking.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:36 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where's the data for MPG pre-modification?
Old 04-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok. so i need some advise. I am considering installing this HHO setup where the battery currently is (look at pictures of engine on livevideo). there doesn't seem to be any other space to fit 4-6 large mouth mason jars

I think if you build a small box to hold the jars you can make it fit in the same place as your battery is sitting now just the opisite side like the way I did my dual battery set up.

I put my second battery behind the left headlight just like the stock one on the right side altho I had to use a OPTIMA battery to make it fit but you may be able to use the same idea with the jars and someting to keep them together.

Here a a couple picture so you can get the idea and OH YA the over flow bottle I had to spin it 45 degrees to keep it in the same place you will see what I mean in the pictures hope this helps you

Notice the way the overflow bottle is spun 45 degrees to make the extra room

I think if you build a small box to fit in this area you can get it to work and keep it cool at the same time

hope this gives you an idea of how you can do this and how much room you have to play with for your jar holder box remember an OPTIMA is a little smaller then a normal battery

Sorry about the blurry pics but it was my first pics with a new camera

Last edited by olharleyman; 04-23-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:22 PM

thanks olharleyman. so far its a tossup. i have 3 options
- HHO cells on air intake side
- HHO cells where the battery is near the CPU and run the battery to the back
- HHO cells in the back.

I need good airflow and i'm thinking with a v6 i would like to have 5 cells and one bubbler. that makes a 6 jar cell cube the size of the battery. I could fit 3 in that spot. i'll be playing with it later today, if i get time. I have an appt & a few things to get done 1st.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:06 PM

if anyones following. I posted a video testing the HHO generator. still waiting for glue to dry though before i can get a good airtight seal.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:28 PM

how many volts did you say that was? 5v?
Old 04-24-2008, 09:18 PM

im not gunna lie, this looks appealing.
If i didnt have to get rid of my runner, i would be all over this.

One question i do have though, how do you regulate the HHO/Gasoline amount that goes into the motor?
If you run to rich on HHO i think it would kill the motor?

Last edited by NwRunner; 04-24-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:39 AM

Yeah it's as much as most cel phone chargers 5v & 500-700mA. i don't remember exactly i think 700. when it's attached to my battery that will change the amount of gas production. powers a constant but the baking soda (electrolyt) in the water effects how hot it gets and also how much gas production there is. it's in the manual.

to answer nwrunner, there are 2 hoses coming off the HHO generator. one goes to different parts of the intake (i don't remember the names) one for idle suction and the other for running suction. the HHO is a constant amount that doesn't change much. the gasoline does though. its just a matter of tricking the sensors to run leaner. (O2 sensor gets thrown off bad causing it to run richer) the HHO bubbled thru a jar of water helps some how by adding moisture or taking it away? you have to read on it. but as long as it's not too lean the engine should run relatively cooler from the water vapor (which acts as an octane in this case) again. probably good to read the manual thru. My offer still stands. PM me if you want to 'look' at it.

J
Old 04-25-2008, 03:31 PM

Hey Reno,

Bump

Originally Posted by tc
Where's the data for MPG pre-modification?
Thanks, Kiwi

Quick Reply: Update on my HHO project