Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Unknown connectors ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unknown connectors ??

i found these two connectors, and his little bit of wiring that looks like it's been tampered with by precious owner, any one have any idea what these connectors go to? Or this wiring. I believe the connector on top maybe to a plow? When I bought the truck it had two brackets coming out right below the valence, the other connector is unnernthe right headlight, and the wiring is under the driver kick panel. Thanks in advance. Btw it's a 93 pickup sr5 v6 4wd
Attached Thumbnails Unknown connectors ??-img_0171.jpg   Unknown connectors ??-img_0175.jpg   Unknown connectors ??-img_0177.jpg  
Old 02-12-2017, 06:44 PM

Received 598 Likes on 438 Posts
If it's not factory wiring, nobodys gonna be able to tell you what it is but the guy who installed it.

Your best bet is to trace it out and use your noggin.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The wiring in the 1st and 2nd pic is not factory. It was probably added to power a plow and/or winch. Does it look like any other bumper or bumper attachments were fitted before? The 3rd photo looks more like factory wiring and could be for fog lights, since it's right next to the turn signal.. Even if your truck never had them, the harness might have the connector.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if it's factory wiring or not that's why I'm asking.... no doesn't look like any fog lights were installed, my guess is a plow
Old 02-13-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts
The wiring in the first pic actually looks like a factory connector. Is it attached to all that other wiring bunched up in there? Isn't there an AC condenser fan where that wiring is in the first pic? My 1991 has the fan, and it is a two prong connector similar to that one.

2nd pic. good luck. but you can use a multimeter to find how/when/if it is powered or now.

3rd pic, Is that a single wire? Pressure or temp sensor wire perhaps... but then it wouldn't be behind the grill... is it a ground? check it against ground. If you get a resistance less than let's say 50ohms, it's a ground and should be connected to some system there. AC guts maybe?
Old 02-16-2017, 06:47 AM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
The wiring seems pretty light duty for a plow. Maybe plow lights, led light bar etc. Looks like it isn't connected any more (blue wire nuts I suspect should have both wires connected when enabled, but hard to really see what's going on there). Last photo kind of looks like a horn plug like for a domestic (positive wire + grounds though the steel mount).
Old 02-16-2017, 08:13 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
3rd pic looks like its for the horn
Just remove the wiring from the 2nd and 1st picture. Its aftermarket and wire nuts, and those wire taps are not to be used ever in trucks.