Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Transmission Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Transmission Help!!

hey everybody I am in a real pickle here. Last night i took off from my house let the clutch out fine no slipping ever, went to shift into second and it wouldnt go. I pushed the pedal and there was very little pressure so I immediatey though hydraulic system. I had a similar situation when my clutch master cylinder went out 6 months ago, The pedal had no pressure so I looked under the dash and sure enough the master sylinder was leaking from the boot. So I checked the master cylinder this time and no leaks, fluid level fine. I then went to the slave cylinder and noticed oil or something all over the bell housing/front of transmission and along the side near the slave. I think this is just from a small oil leak near the back of the block or rear main seal. So for ten bucks I went ahead and replaced the slave cylinder thinking that was it but it didnt help anything. I bled the system after install and got all the air out the lines. The clutch has never slipped on me once although I do not know how old it is. Can anyone throw me some suggestions and advice I really have no idea where to start????

Symptoms:
Clutch pedal little pressure
Have to push extremely hard to get it into gear (was able to get home shifting with the rpms)
Clutch does not slip at all
no hydraulic leaks I can see
replaced slave cylinder from oreilly
replaced clutch master cylinder 6 months ago from carquest (Maybe the internals of this cheap unit went out?)

Please help!!!!
Anyone in the metro denver area that can help I will pay
Thanks, Austin!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it is not your internals of the master cylinder then I would guess something mechanical in the bell housing or pedal.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:00 PM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
I have heard of the throw out bearing arm/fork becomeing cracked/bent and flexing. Deffinatly sounds like the clutch is not fully disengaging. Check the tob arm for damage. Welds on the pedal assembly could also have broken.