86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock Leaf Springs...SHIMS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 07:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Stock Leaf Springs...SHIMS?

I have a 1993 Pickup 4x4 SR5. Recently, I removed the Skyjacker 4" softride leaf springs to replace them with stock. I noticed the Skyjackers had angled shims on them that looked from the factory. The stock leaf packs did not have shims. Are they necessary on a stock set up or just on the lifted spring pack? I only ask because I cracked one and need to know if they should be ordered or if I can just leave them off. I checked Google and tried searching here with negative results. Thank you.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:17 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Must have been for your lift kit

Never saw them on the springs I replaced
Old 02-06-2017, 01:01 AM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
They re pinion shims. They angle the axle to give the pinion a better angle with lift springs. If you get rid of the springs, get rid of the shims too.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Interesting. Thanks guys. Now, Ive been looking into a smaller lift block for the rear. Removing the springs made the truck sit "too" level. Some blocks are angled, some are flat. They all say they are for my specific truck....which confuses me even more. Should I get the angled lift blocks or flat? Thanks again.....
Old 02-07-2017, 02:24 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Remme
Interesting. Thanks guys. Now, Ive been looking into a smaller lift block for the rear. Removing the springs made the truck sit "too" level. Some blocks are angled, some are flat. They all say they are for my specific truck....which confuses me even more. Should I get the angled lift blocks or flat? Thanks again.....
measure pinion angle and t-case flange angle. Depending on drive shaft type will determine if you need shims.