Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

So much for my nice new truck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So much for my nice new truck!!!

so me and a few buddys decide to go fishin this morning. well on the way back home we were crusin doin 50 the speed limit. and my EX friend decides it will be cool to pass me in his dropped 87 yota. well he relized he didnt have the power to complete the pass before he got hit head on. so i see he is trouble i grab 3rd and hammer down well at that same time he jacks his brakes and side ways doing 50 smashes into the side of my truck. he does a 180 and stops i go sideways but brought it back around smoothly (i have total 3 ppl in my truck and a boat in the back). i stop get out of my truck run over to him grabbed his truck before it went off a steep steep hill and he put it in gear. after pulling his fender out a lil and holding his battery cables on to start. we finaly get going and pull over half a mile down the road. he gets out of his truck i get out of mine grabbed him by the neck said lots of bad words, than he tried to turn it around on me saying its my fault!!! i sped off and went home.
his truck is totaled and my bed is crunched. i only got the one pic of my truck and it doesnt really show how bad it really is.
next time i see him its not gonna be good. nothing like buying a truck and 2 weeks later have it crunched cuz some one cant pull there head outta there a$$ and drive like a human.
Attached Thumbnails So much for my nice new truck!!!-getattachmentasdf.jpg  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:44 PM

so why did you not call the cops from the scene of the accident sorry but no sympathy from me you should have called the cops and made a report.

ya your friend is a Tard but you up by not making a report unless there is more to the story.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:51 PM

it was my first wreck i was freaked i went home called the cops than yea i know now i shoulda called right than and there but my dad told me to get my beep home and call than sense we already left the exact seen. so i did and the cops still havent showed up so i can file my report and wat not.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ouch man sorry to hear that man but remember buddy cars come and go but real friends never come back!!!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by just a 22re
ouch man sorry to hear that man but remember buddy cars come and go but real friends never come back!!!!!
i agree dude, just forgive your friend. sure we all screw up, and in his mind you guys may have been trying to have a friendly race. and in either case it would be your word against his when talking to the police. if just your truck was screwed i would understand, but his is totaled. just get past it and remain buddys
Old 06-22-2008, 12:34 AM

I had this pretty cool little celica coupe when I was 20. It was 1980 silver GT with the 20r, a 5 speed and a sunroof. The interior was blue plaid. It was just a cool car totally my style. Kinda quirky, kinda geeky you know. I was hanging out in the kits, downtown vancouver area and it just fit my lifestyle real well. The best part was every girl that got in it loved it.

I was going to a party with a buddy and showed up at his house to pick him up. The guy had a few beers, you know just enough so he shouldn't really be driving. We're going out to the car and he starts bitching about taking cabs home the last few outings. It's hard to explain but the way we were sitting while pulling out he sideswiped the whole front left corner of my car. While he was doing it I was watching him look at mirror on the opposite door.
It was a total WTF moment. I got some money out of him but then he just started avoiding me. Made me look at the whole party scene and the people involved alot differently. Ended up changing alot of my priorities for the better.

The car was never the same after that. I still have a soft spot for those old celicas though.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if he shouldnt have been driving, then why was he driving?
Old 06-22-2008, 06:00 AM

X2. you picked him up then he drove! WTF.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:38 AM

So you're going 50 and your friend is trying to overtake you, I'm assuming he is already well above 50. You see oncoming traffic, dump 3rd and punch it hoping to overtake your friend, who is already going faster than you, and give him room to get into the lane before causing an accident? As soon as you saw your buddy wasn't going to make it, and yes you should have realized this too, why wouldn't you brake hard and get the hell off the road, leaving room for your buddy to do what he needed to do. I agree your friend is at fault, but it seems like with some rational thinking you could have avoided the accident.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pat161
So you're going 50 and your friend is trying to overtake you, I'm assuming he is already well above 50. You see oncoming traffic, dump 3rd and punch it hoping to overtake your friend, who is already going faster than you, and give him room to get into the lane before causing an accident? As soon as you saw your buddy wasn't going to make it, and yes you should have realized this too, why wouldn't you brake hard and get the hell off the road, leaving room for your buddy to do what he needed to do. I agree your friend is at fault, but it seems like with some rational thinking you could have avoided the accident.
Yeah it depends, what if they both braked hard at the same time? That would be just as bad. I guess it depends on who is in front of who.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Use it as an excuse to get your friend to pay for the supplies and fab up a flat bed . . .

Last edited by corax; 06-22-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:20 AM

I have to say you're both goobers. As soon as he started to pass you should have slowed down, I do this every time some retard tries to pass, just let them go because if they don't make it the first time they'll just keep trying.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by pat161
well i was going to brake seen he was trying to brake and grabed another gear and punched it. he was bearly at my ex cab window so there was no way i could have slowed down.
as for remaining friends no. about six monthes ago he was driving like a jack a$$ passing me in corners ect. well this lady called the cops and she miss placed me for him so i took all the blame to cover his tail. His whole atitude toward the wreck was wat ever. no sorry or any thing. he has been trying to be so cool and pass ppl he put his mine and my to passangers pluss the on coming vehicles life at risk. this kid needs to grow the .... up. so no we are no longer friends this is not a friend i would miss.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:59 AM

I don't know why it bothers me so much, but is grammar really that hard?

As for your story, I agree with Fathorse. But hey, live and learn.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by wowza025
I don't know why it bothers me so much, but is grammar really that hard?

As for your story, I agree with Fathorse. But hey, live and learn.
I think its about as hard as sentence structure and capitolization...then again if you have ever been to Sedro Wolley, WA you would understand.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
then again if you have ever been to Sedro Wolley, WA you would understand.
That there is a dandy statments. (HA HA)
Old 06-22-2008, 10:45 AM

seems like the brake pedal wouldve been easier to avoid this accident.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:11 AM

No because he braked like before i had time to notice he was passing me.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Contributing Member

It was the friend's fault period.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My sympathies for the damage to your truck and your 'friendship'. You live and learn, I suppose.
Next time you see someone trying to pass you, maybe you'll let off the pedal and slide a bit to the side and give them some room.
I mean, with all due respect, what were you thinking that made downshifting and speeding up with a boat in tow while a friend, acting stupid though he may have been, tried to pass you... what made that a good idea?

As for who's fault it was? hmm....
... two friends rolling down the street, one tries to pass the other... one speeds up to avoid getting passed... a little competition maybe?
If no other vehicles were involved, at best the cops would call it no fault, at worst it's exhibition of speed, reckless endangerment and shared fault.

Quick Reply: So much for my nice new truck!!!