86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Questions after i swapped my 3.0 3vze

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Questions after i swapped my 3.0 3vze

I just swapped my 3vze out for a used one. Ive got i 94 pickup and i think the engine is from a 93, but im not 100% sure. i used my old intake manifold, fuel injectors, and dist. i have new plugs and wires. it started up and runs fine with the accelorator slightly depressed. but it idles very low or stalls out. also, when i first turn the key, i hear the fuel pump working and it doesnt stop running. but i turn the key over and it does start, but idles low or stalls. i have not adjusted the timing yet, but it does seem close i think. i put on a new timing belt, water pump, thermostat. at 0 degrees and TDC the dist points to number one. the idle speed adjust screw on my throttle body is stuck and will not move. so, i need to stop the fuel pump from continuoisly running and i need to get the idle more stable. any thoughts will help. thanks a million!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:34 PM

man, ive looked all over the internet and it seems the fuel pump running constantly while the ignition is on is not very common. has anyone experienced this before. my thoughts are the relay is bad, but it worked a few months ago, (i unpluged the relay and there was no change) or can an air vacccum leak cause this? anyone? im so close to being back on the road again...
Old 03-18-2009, 10:16 AM

i relized that i used my fuel injectors and rails off my old engine, but i did not replace the o-rings...could this cause the fuel pump to stay on?
Old 07-30-2014, 12:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aloha from Kalihi, Oahu. Did you ever solve your problem? I've been dealing with a similar issue which all started with a frozen fan pulley bracket, from there I replaced the timing belt, water pump, and thermostat. Still no improvement in my truck...started fine but jumpy idle still and definite hesitation with acceleration and running lean as spark plugs were white. I then replaced my PCV, valve cover gaskets, and fuel injectors while I was that deep, also my air duct from MAF to throttle body (had huge crack). Now my truck will start fine but idles low and stalls if I don't give gas...I'm gonna replace my fuel pressure regulator tomorrow, as my fuel pressure was reading 48-50 PSI (38-44 PSI according to FSM). When you installed your fuel injectors, were the grommets (on fuel injector which holds them against the fuel delivery rail) being kinda squished/smashed? I noticed they were for me, and I had a bad feeling about it. Also did you ever mess with anything else in your fuel system? Fuel pressure regulator?