Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

power steering idler pulley parts order help, manual to power conversion underway!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
power steering idler pulley parts order help, manual to power conversion underway!

Im in the process of doing a full power steering install in my 93, on the last stretch and the power steering tensioner bolt snapped!

When I pulled the pulley to extract the snapped bolt I fumbled it all to the floor and the spacer and insert and all fell out, the spacer is thicker than the insert, question is does anyone have one they can pull apart and verify if the insert goes in the back with the spacer to the front or the spacer on the back and the insert on the front, I dont want it to sit in or out too far and risk it eating the belt.

Ive attached a few pictures, one of the old steering assembly totally removed, one of the new installed and a generic idler break down of what Im looking for, for a 22RE, I cant find one as the idler comes as a kit not individual parts, any help would be greatly appreciated Matt
Attached Thumbnails power steering idler pulley parts order help, manual to power conversion underway!-generic-idler-pulley-order.jpg   power steering idler pulley parts order help, manual to power conversion underway!-manual-removed.jpg   power steering idler pulley parts order help, manual to power conversion underway!-power-installed.jpg  
Old 02-02-2017, 09:00 AM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
Omg use the flash man it's just a dark hole with some blue wires showing! Lol

nut, washer buldge to pully face, pully, insert with flange face to bracket, bracket, pulley "axel" bolt
Old 02-02-2017, 01:49 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
It won`t turn if you put it together wrong