Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Picture of v6 radiator drain cock?

Old 01-11-2007, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech
Jason, I hate those drains. The could atleast add a nipple so you can attatch a hose on it to control the drain, otherwise, it goes all over the place. You should go to http://www.performanceradiator.com and they use the exact setup as factory, plus the radiator looks identical to the factory one. I dont work for them, just been dealing with them for years, superior stuff and great price. I just checked yours out, its $184 at your door.
Any other time I would say Performance isn't as good of a quality, but Reach is crap. Almost as bad as Silla.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
toyota_mdt_tech:
I know, at the very least a drain nipple would be nice.
Thanks for the performance radiator link, they seem like a nice unit. I've only heard good things about them as well. Only thing that scares me a bit, they list the v6 as a 2 row core. It's definitely a 3 row stock. I still haven't decided what to do for a replacement yet, as I only have 2 tiny pin-hole leaks on the very top of the radiator that are currently, and successfully, plugged with jb weld. I just thought I'd replace it now, as the cold weather is here finally (5 degrees last night) and I don't want any problems heading to work on my desolate drive there.
Also, I can't be late. I work for US Postal Service, we have a wicked Postmaster who will write you up for being the slightest bit late. Which can lead to release of duty. I can't afford that, and the bank holding my mortgage wouldn't like that either.

I got written up last year after I was 20 minutes late, when I came across a jeep wrangler laying upside-down, running, with lights on, in a field at 4 in the morning one morning on my way to work. I, of course, stopped to try to locate the person. I couldn't, as I removed my giant spotlight the night before to charge in the house. Luckily there was another guy who pulled up at the same time there, who continued the search as i drove to the spot of nearest cell coverage to call State Police and Ambulance. It ended up being a kid I knew my whole life, who recently moved back here after a divorce, I didn't even know he was back. So, i didn't recognize the vehicle. The other guy found him laying in the field, almost frozen, as it was only 10 or so degrees out, and in severe shock with multiple injuries. He was ejected about 100 feet from the vehicle. He died on the way to the hospital. And I got written up for being late....EVIL
Old 01-11-2007, 07:49 PM

God I hate tightass supervisors!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by the_4runnin'_beast
Sounds like a cluster ˟˟˟˟˟ to me.
Well put. That place is like the mother of all cluster ˟˟˟˟˟s, The rare and exotic "Arabian Cluster ˟˟˟˟˟ !"
Honest to god, I feel like they owe me money for having to go through all these fu**in' reindeer games!

Well, since you are quitting anyway, what other brands are good? You don't think the performance radiator is a good one either?
Jason
Old 01-11-2007, 08:03 PM

God I hate tightass supervisors!
Oh man, my supervisors are even worse than the postmaster. The union took care of that particular writeup, and SHE actually was reprimanded for being an uncaring b*tch (well, they didn't word it like that) but that took 6 months. By the time that got cleared up, and I was cleared, she had forgotten all about it. Then, by her being reprimanded, she went on the warpath even more! God, whatever job you take in life- DO NOT work for the USPS. Money is great, but let me tell you- You earn every f'n cent of it. If it isn't a customer bitching at you while working at the window for something you had nothing to do with, there's a supervisor lurking behind you waiting to pounce.... Oh ,and the hours-Anywhere from 3am-7:30pm, and constantly changing schedule. Worst career move of my life. I gave up a great job ( http://www.imrtest.com ) for this for the $$$ I regret it everyday.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:09 PM

I really can't speak on the retail standpoint on it. They have pretty good quality radiators, but the reason its better to buy from us if you are a shop is that you get a lifetime parts and labor warrranty. Performance doesn't offer the same labor warranty.

Before this fiasco, I would have told you us, all the way. At least on the wholesale side, most of the "problems" that shops have with us are actually the shop's fault. They give us wrong information (you would be very surprised on how many customers call in and don't even know what msize engine is in the vehicle they are working on) or they over react to something very stupid, like when they have a M/T car and there are TOC lines on the rad they freak out.

For the 4Runner, no doubt best rad brand is KOYO. Best for anything from Hondas to Toyotas to Nissan's. They got the Asian automarket on lock. Very high quality hardly ever get warranty returns because of failure.

Performance and Radiator Barn suck! I say that only because I work for a competing company. LOL. I'm not fully informed of what they offer.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by jasonbrink
Oh man, my supervisors are even worse than the postmaster. The union took care of that particular writeup, and SHE actually was reprimanded for being an uncaring b*tch (well, they didn't word it like that)
HAHA. Very nice.

I get the Office Space senario where I get like 5 different people telling me I messed up (which I hardly ever do. I'm perfect. Almost.). It makes me laugh. Can't wait to get otta there. Gonna go work at the Chevron refienery! Good Union, good benifits and good pay. Sounds like a winner to me!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:44 PM

I get the Office Space senario where I get like 5 different people telling me I messed up (which I hardly ever do. I'm perfect. Almost.). It makes me laugh. Can't wait to get otta there.
Gotta be in my top 5 fav movies of all time. Have you ever seen this? God we had fun with this at my old job:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/officespace.html
There's actually a better one, that fits on the screen better, but I can't link to it cause it has ˟˟˟˟˟ in the title, it's at: http://www.bull˟˟˟˟˟job.com/officespa...fficeSpace.swf
Just replace the*
Gonna go work at the Chevron refienery! Good Union, good benifits and good pay. Sounds like a winner to me!
Sounds like a winner to me too! Good luck.