86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Old Man Emu stabilzer....you like??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old Man Emu stabilzer....you like??

Not so sure that I'm liking mine. I swapped my worn out stock stabilizer and the after-market Rancho that the previous owner had installed for an OME about six months ago. I honeslty do not see any better results. My steering is still very jerky going on any dirt road or over bumps and pot-holes, etc. Kinda wondering if they sent me the wrong one, maybe it's defective or maybe OME's just aren't what they're all hyped up to be. Do any of you have OME's? Are you satisfied with the results?
Old 12-24-2008, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOVE MINE!!!! Make sure your Idler Arm is in good shape and make sure everything is tight under there. The Stabilizer won't fix those things and it's basicly just a better valved and overall better shock than what is under there stock and certainly better than Crap Country's garbage pieces. That said, Toyta genuine parts are hard to beat.

Here's another thing... Yo have a 6" lift (why I can't Imagine) but I'd bet your steering Geo is absolutely screwed n]leading to alot more feedback.

Cheers

Dave
Old 12-28-2008, 01:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everything under there seems to tightened pretty well. I did have a leaking issue with my steering gear box last yeat, but I stopped that after pouring some stop leak in it. It seems to be holding up, but I could be wrong. That's a pretty expensive part to replace and no way will I replace it with one from a junk-yard. I'll have to do some more inspecting when the snow finishes melting. My idler arm was replaced a couple of years ago. My tie-rods (outer and inner) were just replaced a couple of months ago. My steering is the sloppiest it's ever been. Absolutely frustrating.