86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Nochange in idle even after setting the tps, help

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Nochange in idle even after setting the tps, help

I have set the tps according to the FSM and still no change in the idle when i jump the connectors on the diagonostics terminal, i can jump it and set the timing turn of the truck and restart unjumped that the idle and timing are still excatly the same as i set it. its it ok to jump and unjump it while the vehicle is running to be able to hear it change, i havent but was wondering,

the frustrating part is now that i have taken the throttle body off cleaned it and put it back on the engine runs worse than it did before. One thing , when i was cleaning out the small copper looking nipples on the throttle body all were clear and air would shoot thru except one no air would flow thru i place a peice of wire in it it went in about an inch then stopped, should they all let air shoot thru? the motor is new from oregon engine rebuilders. i thought maybe the timmimg distributor was stabbed wrong so i tried one tooth either way it was worse so i put it back to where it was, after spending the afternoon cleaning and setting the tps for it to be worse is driving me crazy... =before it would idle then stumble just a little every once in a while but the idle speed pretty much stayed the same.

now after cleaning and setting, the idle wanders and wehn i put it it gear sometimes it will stall and it seem to be slamming into gear.

can anyone help me with this i dont know what to do here. i gues first this would be to figure out why the timing/idle doesnt change when i put it in the "jumped" mode everythign was running fine on the old motor. grrrrrrrr

if someome that can help is comfortable with PM'ing me thier number id luv to call them to get this fixed....

I had a 05 dodge ram i sold cause i went back to school and this was my dads truck before he died, so i sold the ram and this is now my daily driver that i am in process of restoring,

one more thing i have an engine code of 52. and after i set the tps the engine light that flashes was jsut flashing steadily over and over

also what is the correct timing and idle setting. how much should the jumping of the terminals change the timing. i read somehwer about plugging off vacum elines while setting the timming to, do i need to do that? if so which ones .

its a 94 toyota 4x4 extended cab with the 3.0 motor, with an automatic

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by hgoy; 02-14-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Download an FSM here it will answer all of your factory settings and testing questions.

enjoy