86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New 22RE stainless Header!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 22RE stainless Header!!!!

I need to get some hits on this thread to motivate me to sell this header. I work for a world renound exhaust manufactuer in Phoenix, AZ. We have started development of a 22RE header that will make LC engineering's look like . I'm just wanting to know if anyone will pay $320 or so for a header that's hand crafted here in AZ out of 304SS with a 1/2" head flange that will not warp. Let me know guys, cause if so, this will be a better header that will kick some ass! Power increases wil be comparable, if not way more than the LC header. We're basically looking to kill the monopoly that LC has on the market. Please give some feedback! NO B/S!!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:24 PM

I would gladly pay that much for a header. I would love to see a turbo header as well. I think some competition would do the market much good.

Smish
Old 04-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Contributing Member

come up with a viable set for the 3.0 auto and you will have more than a few orders! competition for market share is what brings out the best in people, products and pricing. get some numbers out for comparison and make sure your customer service is top drawer. those two items will get the interest flowing.

good luck on this!

lee
Old 04-01-2008, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HelliphinoN8
I need to get some hits on this thread to motivate me to sell this header. I work for a world renound exhaust manufactuer in Phoenix, AZ. We have started development of a 22RE header that will make LC engineering's look like . I'm just wanting to know if anyone will pay $320 or so for a header that's hand crafted here in AZ out of 304SS with a 1/2" head flange that will not warp. Let me know guys, cause if so, this will be a better header that will kick some ass! Power increases wil be comparable, if not way more than the LC header. We're basically looking to kill the monopoly that LC has on the market. Please give some feedback! NO B/S!!
Well for one thing I already have a header, so if I bought a new truck (which I will) I would definitely buy that header. My NWOR header really impressed me and did a lot for the performance of my truck but it actually cost about $475 shipped to my door. I also ordered a new exhaust gasket, new studs w/nuts, and it came with a downpipe that you cut to size that bolted to the cat. It is still running around in my old truck today, and has been in two vehicles over the past 7 years or so. I bet they cost more now. A stainless header would be a good deal at that price as long as fitment/quality control was up there, otherwise it is just another poor fitting header. For me ease of installation and fit is pretty important once you spend more than $250 on a part for your truck. My 02 cents. I'd say go for it.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:16 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
wouldnt mind it
Old 04-01-2008, 07:28 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Phoenix?? You must work for pacesetter. After the way my last two pacestter headers fit. It'd take some serious convincing before I could over come the brand name/past experience thing. You'r customer service rocks but your product sucks.

Oh and if you not employed at pacesetter disregard the comments being directed to you.

Good luck with the design thing.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
maybe some pics of your work
Old 04-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
You better have a really nice product to compete with LC engineering! 3 years later, and the header still looks NEW. No problems at all, and bolted up perfect.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:43 PM

And LC Engineering has revolved their entire product line up and their focus of all their aftermarket products around the 22RE and other Toyota truck 4 cylinder engines. You're going to have to have dyno data and a good price to get your name out there first if you want to beat 'em out. It might be a market that's saturated unless you can have much better customer service too.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Contributing Member

Tell you what, you send me one for free, I'll run it on my 22RE and post updates on the pros/cons of the header.

PM me for shipping address

I'm not b/s'ing either
Old 04-02-2008, 04:41 AM

i am currently building another crawler 4-runner, motor is almost built. i bought a pacesetter header for my sons rig cost me around $300.00 hate to pay that again. but this stainless header may be worth that. need one pretty quick.
send pics.
thanks machen4x4
scottsboro al
Old 04-02-2008, 09:36 AM

you paid $300 for a pacesetter header? i thought they were more like $150

if you had this header and had dyno proof of it being better i would of bought yours over LCE, i wouldnt buy one now that i have a header, but if for some reason i want a header sometime laterdown the road i would look at yours, especially considering you are saying yours will put out more power.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:00 AM

I currently Run a Pacesetter Header and Have had ZERO Issue's with it.
(Other than the POS Paper Exhaust gasket that is supplied with it.. Which I Replaced with an OEM right off the bat)

I find most people that have issues with headers are just DUMB. They replace the leaking stock manifold with a Header and think it will solve the problem. But the problem wasn't the Manifold to start with. (its usually stripped studs)

Most seem to lack the general knowledge involved in making a header work.

I ended up Helicoiling all the threads, Adding new Studs, and locking Nuts,
And Zero LEAKS to date. If the clamping force is equal across the flange it is impossible for it to warp. I also used header wrap to keep hood temps down as my truck live in the Under 20KM Range most of the time

Would I pay $320 for BLING. Hells NO. Others might.

Header design is all pretty much the same Tri Y 4 to 1. for all companies. This isn't rocket science.
Only thing Pacesetter needs to do is find a new source for your gaskets

Last edited by 4Hummer; 04-02-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the LCE header is cermic coated for lower under hood temps as well
Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM

Cool guys. First off, We're NOT pacesetter. To keep from recieving calls on a product that we don't build yet, I won't mention the name. I will tell you that we mainly build Porche, Ferarri, and Corvette exhausts. We also do alot for the turbo VW's. This is just something I brought up because I've finally got the time to build another header for my truck, and do it right. I'll keep ya posted.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:56 PM

http://ghlmotorsports.com/

Now that wasn't too hard. Looks like you guys are high performance street guys , not the offroad types, and this is a project you are taking on yourself on your own time.

1. Good on ya for showing initiative.
2. Your company, if interested in marketing a 22RE or 3VZE header needs to study the best way to enter the market. Maybe sponsor a couple rigs in Real Truck Challenge / Top Truck Challenge or some offroad sporting event. Maybe advertise in Peterson's 4WD.
3. Or, you can make a batch yourself and sell them online undercutting the competition in price to get a toe hold.

That's just my $0.02 and it's debatable if it's worth that!