86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help

So ive been doing the sas swap and i ran into a issue with my shackle angle. i burned the crossmember in and my angle was not good at all so im on try #2. Im goin normal 4"tg springs 22re 4 cyl motor no plans for anything heavy up front(winch ,etc).i would like to know what angle i should aim for with just the hanger and springs attached. Like 60 or 70*??
I understand every truck settles different, im just trying to get a ballpark so im not doing all the extra work. Heres what i mocked up real quick before it got dark
Old 07-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
How far forward is the front hanger?
Right now I think you would lucky if they settled enough but don't think it would be likely.

There is a copy of a quote by ScottyC (addicted off road) in my Mini FAQ thread on front hanger placement for proper hanger placement with each spring height
see link in my sig
What model/year truck?
Old 07-24-2015, 02:50 AM

The hanger right now just clamped is about flush with the existing its kind of hard for me to tell since my crossmember is tubing i had to weld in my old one was rotting out. The reason i cant follow the instructions from ur faq is since my shackle tubes are foward all the way. It would be a pita to move them now just trying to get my placement good before any weight is on the springs
Old 07-24-2015, 05:10 AM

89 4runner btw