Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Need pics of Fisher plow mounts 86-95!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need pics of Fisher plow mounts 86-95!

Hey guys,

Picked up a HYDRAULIC old Fisher plow, 6'8", and the push plates, etc. from a guy for $300. He says it came off an '88, in working condition, and should fit '86 to 95. Probably 15 yrs. old, but seems to be in fairly decent shape. It's just for my driveway, for my '93.

Thing is - I've never had a plow, LOL. Can someone post a shot (or 2, or 3) of how you have yours set up? I have the 3 frame pieces but am having some trouble seeing how they'll go together and mount to the frame.

Thanks in advance!!! If all else fails, I'll grab some shots of the plates and post them, to be sure they're going to fit my truck....guy swears up and down it came off an '88....
Old 09-14-2012, 08:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not trying to sound rude, but wouldn't this be a question better suited to Fisher's site?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:12 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Having had to do this same thing for another vehicle Fishers site is great for plow parts and harnesses and those things but just about worthless.

For anything to do with mounting to a vehicle.

I am sure someone has to have one. Just what model plow that might be a bighelp.

Like anything else you never know just how the truck may have been modified to accept the plow brackets
Old 09-15-2012, 04:53 AM

Thanks guys, I will check out Fisher - maybe they have a forum over there. I didn't find boo just browsing their site....and given the 100 types of mounts for 100 types of vehicles, you can spend all day trying to match up 1 system vs. all the others. I thought someone on here would have the same. I guess it was a common one for Yota's 15-20 yrs. ago (as in "the only one", generally speaking)...I've found a couple of pix online of them, just at a distance.
Eventually, I'll figure it out - this is the 'homework'
Thanks
Old 09-15-2012, 12:18 PM

There's really very little on this stuff at Fisher, etc....mostly the newer "minute mount" stuff. What I'm really asking is - can someone take a pic of their hydraulic pump, installed, so I can see what bracket goes to what?? I have a box of stuff and need to know how it should look when it's together.

I think I have the push plates figured out. I'd really appreciate it....and I think it does apply to "86-95 Toyota Trucks", since many ppl plow with them.....others MUST be interested in the same thing, no? At least as many as are interested in lift kits....
Thanks, if anyone can post a shot....
Old 09-17-2012, 04:00 AM

My pump is mounted where the A/C would go (if I had one)... I will try to get you a pic sometime this week...
Old 09-17-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by quiggs12
My pump is mounted where the A/C would go (if I had one)... I will try to get you a pic sometime this week...
I'd appreciate it, Quiggs! I have a general idea of how it oughtta be arranged, just wanna see one in action, esp. the valve block etc. For how things are routed and where they go....
Old 10-06-2012, 02:11 PM

Anyone? Still thinking on this little project!
No clue what the plow model is, or the compressor, for that matter...
Old 10-06-2012, 07:51 PM

If it is an older fisher plow it is probably a Fisher Speedcast. I was thinking about mounting a plow on my truck a while back and the only place I could really find anything to do with mounts was e-bay. I just found a picture of it and was going to make my own. As for the pump and valves, any vehicles I have seen with under-hood hydraulics are usually custom to where the person wants them and where they fit best.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 AM

Thanks, 93. It would be great if I knew someone with one....I see them around at times, but when I'm driving and can't get a look at what they've got! I'll eventually figure it out - right now, I'm just deciding if I need to cut the plates a little to fit (the ear is just too long, but that's all).
Like everything is, it only LOOKS complicated first time thru!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:51 AM

I did a bunch of searching and can't find anything about speedcast mounts. With a plow that old I'm pretty sure your mount will have to be custom made unless what you have came off an identical frame. If you post pics of the push plates you have I may be able to help a little.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:26 AM

Great, thanks, 93! I just need some advice, having never tried to mount a plow!

The pic below shows the frame....the red line shows the area I'm worried about. When I hold a plate up to the frame, the ear to the right hits the downtube for the IFS. The front part, with 2 bolt holes that seem to line up with where your tow hooks are, is like 2" too far out when I hold it in place. Leads me to think I have to cut a little off that ear...but do I then try to finagle a hole in there, plus in the frame, to secure the rear? Or can I just tack weld the back, and cut it off in the spring? (ok, so that's a hack, but it might work....). Won't be much 'ear' left if I start trimming...

Looking for ideas from anyone who 'knows'; being a noob, I don't!