86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

my project is almost done

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my project is almost done

Ya, so back in december (the 15th) i ended up running a red light and Tboning a suburban due to a brake mishap (combination of ABS failure, large puddle getting the brakes wet, inexperience, mostly inexperience).

The car was totaled, the fender and hood crumpled, radiator supports smashed, the wheelhouse folded, etc. The repair for the damage as estimated by my friend and my dad would have been near $10,000 dollars because of all the parts that had to be replaced. So, i decided that rather than throw the thing out and go buy a new car because I love my truck, I decided to fix it myself.

For the past month and a half, it has been sitting on jack stands in my garage waiting for repairs to be finished. I replaced the fan, fan clutch, waterpump (which was the stock ORIGINAL waterpump after 188,000 miles), radiator, hoses, belts, supports, distributor, wires, lights, and other small miscellaneous parts that added up after a while. Because both me and my dad are not car mechanics, this project has been a trial and error, go with it and hope it works project that has really taught me a lot about the car.

Well, I am writing this mostly because I am bored and don't want to do my calculus homework, and also because in the next couple of days, it will be put back together and I will be driving again. once its all done, I will post my bombardment of pictures of the completed project. I just am glad that the truck had nothing in it, making repairs pretty easy and cheap (total for parts and tools is at $1,300), and also that it is a toyota.