86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LCE Pro Flow Exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LCE Pro Flow Exhaust.

I am in the market for an exhaust system for my Toy. I already have the LCE headers so this would be an obvious choice:

http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebGe...9-CDB9FAB44EFE

Does anyone have this exhaust on a V6 yet? Any chance I could get a quick review or sound clip? I just don't want to get something that is too loud for commuting 1-2 hours per day.

Thanks
Jason
Old 04-28-2008, 06:02 AM

I have the LCE 2.25" exhaust on my truck (with a 22R-E). It's alright, no major problems with it. It's definitely louder than the stock muffler. I don't have a good sound clip, but will try and get one for you if you want. Off idle, it's deeper, almost V6-ish on my truck. Above about 4000 RPM, definitely rice racer, but I'm not sure there's much you can do with a 2.4L 4 cylinder to keep it from sounding that way. It does have a slight drone at cruising speed, not quite loud enough to be offensive, but just there.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jay - I would just get the LCE but if you think it's gonna end up being too loud (remember, bigger pipes, and headers also add to sound - the stock cat also muffles a bit of sound too, I'm assuming/hoping you'll end up replacing that with something higher flowing to take advantage of your headers/cams) go buy the muffler of your choice (I pick Borla) and drive down to Stans headers in Seattle and have them mandrel bend you up a system as they have 2 1/4" dies. I wouldn't go anything but mandrel bends for the piping to compliment and take full advantage of what you got.

Or another option is to have a guy weld you up a system and buy a bunch of pre-fabbed mandrel bends. You could probably cut it all yourself and then get someone to weld it up for you. A guy I work with welded up his own system using mandrel bends and did a pretty decent job.

Last edited by CoedNaked; 04-28-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver
I have the LCE 2.25" exhaust on my truck (with a 22R-E). It's alright, no major problems with it. It's definitely louder than the stock muffler. I don't have a good sound clip, but will try and get one for you if you want. Off idle, it's deeper, almost V6-ish on my truck. Above about 4000 RPM, definitely rice racer, but I'm not sure there's much you can do with a 2.4L 4 cylinder to keep it from sounding that way. It does have a slight drone at cruising speed, not quite loud enough to be offensive, but just there.
does it sound like this?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:45 AM

Yeah, I've always thought it kinda sounded like a Flowmaster. Took a snip from a digital camera video to give you an idea (audio is not good, it's lower like nocalsvx's video). I'm running a LCE header, high flow cat and the LCE cat-back.

Exhaust sound, MP3
Old 04-29-2008, 07:50 PM

Thanks for the clips guys. They both sound pretty good. I wish I could hear a V6 clip with the Pro Flow though.

I've been weighing my options and will most likely go with the Pro Flow anyways. By the time I'm done buying bends or driving to Seattle I could have a factory finished piece. Most likely it will look better and probably hold up better. Worst case scenario, I hate the Magnaflow and just swap it out for a different muffler.

I'm not sure about the cat though. I was thinking about just buying a test pipe and running that. Anyone have any experience doing this? I need to basically try anything that might give me better mileage. 13.5mpg on my last tank again. The ECT button should be used sparingly I guess.

Jason
Old 04-29-2008, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the exhaust and some form of higher flowing "cat" (I use the term loosely, test pipe, ahem, cough, ahem) and I think you'll really realize the efficiency of your engine and their modifications. Also, we really gotta get those rank fluids out of your diffs/tranny/transfer case asap.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:05 PM

im curious of the test pipe and running cat-less on the 3V also, anyone have any input on this?