Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

LCE big bore and IACV

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LCE big bore and IACV

I searched but this question never came up.

Does the LCE Big Bore TB come with the idle air control valve on it? It looks like it does in the picture but you can never be sure. I shot an email off to LCE but haven't gotten a response yet.

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 PM

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
Ricky, just looks like the line going into the TB from the IACV, but I didn't see any pics with the IACV on it on LC's site.

WTF? I thought you were getting headers? Did you fall into some cashola?? Well if you regear for those 33's you want, I'll take those 4.56's off ya!!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by kiyobrown
Ricky, just looks like the line going into the TB from the IACV, but I didn't see any pics with the IACV on it on LC's site.

WTF? I thought you were getting headers? Did you fall into some cashola?? Well if you regear for those 33's you want, I'll take those 4.56's off ya!!
I've been doing some saving. I'm looking at the LCE header and a cat from them along with the TB. I can pull my cat (before someone else steals it) and sell it for 110$ at the local scrap yard. Looking to spend about 1000$ and recoup 100$ from the core charge for the TB from LCE (I bought one for 16$ that is shot from the scrap yard) and an additional 110$ for my factory cat. I know these motors are NOT built for power but I'd like to do a little to help with mpg. I'm also planning to relocate the Supra VMAF to the top of the valve cover and cut the hood for a scoop, yeah it'll look strange but it frees up room for either another battery or my on board air pump (which I haven't bought yet).

As far as 33's go I'm still trying to decide if I want to step up to 33's and 4.88's or see if I can stuff 35's and 5.29's. I'll let you know when I do the change. You have first dibs on the 4.56's and the locker. I owe you that for the radio.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Junkers88
I'm also planning to relocate the Supra VMAF to the top of the valve cover and cut the hood for a scoop, yeah it'll look strange but it frees up room for either another battery or my on board air pump (which I haven't bought yet)....
Interesting concept.

Is your TB angled down where the intake duct connects, or is it horizontal?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:51 AM

radio shmadio, doing the right thing shouldn't be that tough, right?

I forgot about the stock cat. I am still torn between the ceramic thorleys or getting the LC header. I emailed LC and they said bc of california carb requirements they have to sample all 4 cylinders, so they don't make the headers with the O2 port up high anymore. But a new cat and exhaust is also on the list, to get rid of the 4 different leaks I have going.

And take your time regearing, I wouldn't be on the hunt for 4.56's until at least July, the wife is in school til June. If you swap out sooner, I would guess I would be SOL.

Maybe I could road trip it down there, swap em out, and you can show me some NM wheeling. That would be sweet.

Interesting idea on the hood scoop, I would like to see it!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by abecedarian
Interesting concept.

Is your TB angled down where the intake duct connects, or is it horizontal?
Horizontal, I've never seen one angled down before. Is that on newer engines?
Old 10-24-2009, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by kiyobrown
radio shmadio, doing the right thing shouldn't be that tough, right?

I forgot about the stock cat. I am still torn between the ceramic thorleys or getting the LC header. I emailed LC and they said bc of california carb requirements they have to sample all 4 cylinders, so they don't make the headers with the O2 port up high anymore. But a new cat and exhaust is also on the list, to get rid of the 4 different leaks I have going.

And take your time regearing, I wouldn't be on the hunt for 4.56's until at least July, the wife is in school til June. If you swap out sooner, I would guess I would be SOL.

Maybe I could road trip it down there, swap em out, and you can show me some NM wheeling. That would be sweet.

Interesting idea on the hood scoop, I would like to see it!
I don't do a lot of crazy wheeling out here. Most of the time I'm taking trips "off the beaten path" to go fishing. I do like to run some of the old power line roads though. Those things will take you way out in the middle of nowhere in a hurry.

Oh and here are some preliminary (spelling?) of where the VMAF is going to go. I'm going to build a mount that bolts to the 4 unused holes in the valve cover.

Yes it'll look strange......
Old 10-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
Cool!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Junkers88
Horizontal, I've never seen one angled down before. Is that on newer engines?
Nope. It's the older engines and was because of hood clearance on the Celicas. I asked because on the older engines, the IACV / AAV was a separate unit below the throttle body and the newer bodies have it bolt on / integrated to the throttle. I don't believe the LCE throttle body includes it.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:07 AM

Off roading to go fishing is way more then I do now. It's my dd and I wouldn't be able to fix it if something broke. Plus I am still scared of the battle scars (body damage). I think the hood scoop could look pretty sweet. Go for it.