Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

lc coils...... ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lc coils...... ROCK!!!!!!!!!

i know this is done but i cannot control my excitement!!!

I am so impressed by this upgrade. i gained 4 inches, much better ride, and A LOT of articulation! all for under $130.! included is fabbed lift Toy truck shocks (will be replaced soon) LC coils with 180k on them, 4Crawler Drop Bracket and bent lines.... THATS IT! anyone on the fence about this mod... DO IT.. you will not regret it one bit...

anyway on to the "stuffing" (BTW all Pictures that follow are WITH sway bar still attached)
Attached Thumbnails lc coils......    ROCK!!!!!!!!!-drive-art.jpg   lc coils......    ROCK!!!!!!!!!-drive-art2.jpg   lc coils......    ROCK!!!!!!!!!-driver-stuff.jpg  
Old 05-19-2009, 07:21 PM

More Pics

More Pics
Attached Thumbnails lc coils......    ROCK!!!!!!!!!-pass-art.jpg   lc coils......    ROCK!!!!!!!!!-pass-art2.jpg   lc coils......    ROCK!!!!!!!!!-pass-stuff.jpg  
Old 05-19-2009, 07:25 PM

Looks good! Hows the ride?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 PM

looks good! are those 31's?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 PM

Nice! I just got mine. I still havent put them in I'm waiting till I get my BJ spacers and diff drop to put them in.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:50 PM

a4runnerfreak- the ride is caddy like. very soft but not bouncy. alot of the ride has to do with shock selection. i fabbed lift toy truck shocks in and will be going with procomp es9000 very soon.

94Runner4x4- yep... they actually dont look all that bad! i thought i would be running to the tire store within seconds of seeing the truck but im actually kinda digging it for the moment!

Lummpus- good idea but i attached a couple more photos to give you an idea of how it will look "raked" to the front. i actually have a a 4 inch bracket lift that was included with the sale of the truck (hence where i got the truck shocks) in storage. I wanted to put a couple of weeks of driving on just the LC coils to even see if a front lift would be needed. Attached is a picture of the front as it sits... the second picture is with a floor jack lifting the truck up 4" to just see how it will look...
Attached Thumbnails lc coils......    ROCK!!!!!!!!!-rake.jpg   lc coils......    ROCK!!!!!!!!!-lift.jpg  

Last edited by cheap4r; 05-19-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 PM

Yea they don't seem to with those side shots. Boy, do I miss my black 94 and I bet you end up getting the spacers...ha. I would also get manual hubs. I need them bad.. truck looks good man!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:12 PM

put the bracket lift on, as it sits now, looks like a stink bug with it's booty in the air....lol
Old 05-19-2009, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by a4runnerfreak
put the bracket lift on, as it sits now, looks like a stink bug with it's booty in the air....lol
true! and i will need the extra space to fit the 80 buck 33/12.5 find at a local swap meet.... now i just need to have a date with the die grinder and get those chevy 3.5 hub holes to fit our 4"
Attached Thumbnails lc coils......    ROCK!!!!!!!!!-tsl.jpg  
Old 05-19-2009, 09:00 PM

Ordered my panhard, and diff drops yesterday. Should be here soon!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ardent
Ordered my panhard, and diff drops yesterday. Should be here soon!
Funky way to lift, isn't it, when you have to give a lot of it back by dropping the diff.
I guess if one doesn't play in the big stuff.......

Fred
Old 05-20-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by FredTJ
Funky way to lift, isn't it, when you have to give a lot of it back by dropping the diff.

Fred
that is why i want to do the long travel. you gain ground clearance and lift by not dropping the diff. it makes sense if you really want to wheel IFS.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by cheap4r
true! and i will need the extra space to fit the 80 buck 33/12.5 find at a local swap meet.... now i just need to have a date with the die grinder and get those chevy 3.5 hub holes to fit our 4"
Good luck street driving with tsl's im about ready to get new ones, i hate mine.
I also want to get rid of my LC coils, i like it when i was running ifs, but every since the sas the coils in the back bring the suck. IMHO
Old 05-20-2009, 12:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hmm... a diff drop and panhard drop doesn't change lift at all. Diff drop might change ground clearance, but not lift, and the panhard drop keeps the rear axle properly located.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by abecedarian
hmm... a diff drop and panhard drop doesn't change lift at all. Diff drop might change ground clearance, but not lift, and the panhard drop keeps the rear axle properly located.
no but to run the high lift, you need the drop to save your cv's with the stock length control arms.

I should have deleted the part about the panhard bar drop bracket because that is needed.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by cheap4r
a4runnerfreak- the ride is caddy like. very soft but not bouncy. alot of the ride has to do with shock selection. i fabbed lift toy truck shocks in and will be going with procomp es9000 very soon.

94Runner4x4- yep... they actually dont look all that bad! i thought i would be running to the tire store within seconds of seeing the truck but im actually kinda digging it for the moment!

Lummpus- good idea but i attached a couple more photos to give you an idea of how it will look "raked" to the front. i actually have a a 4 inch bracket lift that was included with the sale of the truck (hence where i got the truck shocks) in storage. I wanted to put a couple of weeks of driving on just the LC coils to even see if a front lift would be needed. Attached is a picture of the front as it sits... the second picture is with a floor jack lifting the truck up 4" to just see how it will look...
IMHO i think it looks better with the front end up. I would put on the bracket lift.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by FredTJ

Fred
Ok, wow. That's not the lift. Those are additional parts to the lift. I have the LC coils and BJ spacers in the garage. Now all I need is the shocks to complete it. I don't expect you to have known that since I didn't mention it. And I refrain from commenting about your "big stuff..."

Originally Posted by Alex 400
that is why i want to do the long travel. you gain ground clearance and lift by not dropping the diff. it makes sense if you really want to wheel IFS.
Long travel = $$$ compared to the BJ spacers. Much better, but more $$$. Dropping the diff to maintain CV angles with the BJ spacers.

Originally Posted by abecedarian
See above.

Originally Posted by Alex 400
no but to run the high lift, you need the drop to save your cv's with the stock length control arms.
Thanks. It seems you still understood that this was a LC coil thread.

@ OP: Lift the front. It looks better leveled out IMO.

Last edited by Ardent; 05-20-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:49 PM

"lift the front"

I agree I was looking at the truck more today and I will be installing the bracket lift.

"TSL's suck butt on road"

HAHA! I could imagine! actually I picked them up to use as a "wheeling only" set since I have some good mud/sand areas in the NJ pine barrens within 30 miles of on road driving. I was planning on 33/10.5/15 at's for on-road tires since the 31's are near the end of their life. I just wanted to get some off-road tires so I am not killing the new ones I am about to buy .... lol

I’m going to get some new shocks soon. I made my own eye to post shock adapters out of 3/16 sheet. The only problem is I do not have enough room to keep from bottoming out the shock. I just need to read up more tonight to decide between the pro comp es 9000 or the es 3000. They both fit my budget.

As you can see from my post count and join date I am a master of the search button ... I guess you can consider me a YT Troll!

Last edited by cheap4r; 05-20-2009 at 08:43 PM.