Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

I think i'm ready to kill

Old 03-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry I think i'm ready to kill

So on Thursday i dropped my truck off at the body shop and was told it would be ready monday. Well i figured that he should have started working on it by now otherwise it won't be done by then. So i drive by this morning and what do i see

I see it moved around across the road WITH MUD ON IT. when i dropped it off it was clean. AND I GAVE HIM NO PERMISSION TO DRIVE IT AROUND TOWN ONLY INTO HIS SHOP AND THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I SWEAR I'LL KILL HIM unless he does things CHEAP or FREE

What should i do? Kill him or take it to the more expensive place?
Old 03-01-2008, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell him you want a discounted price.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

I think i want more than a discount, because by driving it he has put un nessesary wear on my Clutch BECAUSE NO ONE IN BELIZE KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE A STANDARD. thats why used manual cars down here have BLEEPED up manual transmissons.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:31 AM

Id confront that a$$ and be prepard to club a fool and get your cash back and go someplace else.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:32 AM

I would remove it from the shop. I you cant trust someone with it, I wouldn't trust them to fix it. I would also contact my PD to inquire if they could be hit with joy riding or something in that nature..Im sure nothing would come of it, but it could knock some sense into them.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:36 AM

Call the cops and have them come to the shop to file a report that the truck has been damaged. The cop will question you and the dik you left the truck with at the shop. I doubt the dik will lie to the cops. Then get the cops advise on what to do next. For me, I would be filling out papers to get me a date in small claims court. Tell you side of the story to Judge Judy and the dik can tell his. Be sure to request compensation for your time and mileage. With the cops report presented and each of you telling your side, you should win. I would also immediately drive it to see if there are any hidden problems. Also, a Supremeo car cleaning quote from a mobile detail shop should satisfy the Judge.

My $0.02

Last edited by SEAIRESCUE; 03-01-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Godzilla
I would remove it from the shop. I you cant trust someone with it, I wouldn't trust them to fix it. I would also contact my PD to inquire if they could be hit with joy riding or something in that nature..Im sure nothing would come of it, but it could knock some sense into them.
I really like that idea, and i think i might do that.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tell them you noticed X number new kilometres on it and say you saw mud on it before they clean it.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member

well it is un-disputable from his stand point because i have a picture of it right before i left it at his shop. so it shows how clean, it shows how many km's there where when i left.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:59 AM

That sucks, I would be pissed. Guess we know who to go to if the shop owner comes up missing.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Contributing Member

i am VERY pissed. and you would look at me for him going missing, bu you may not FIND me
Old 03-01-2008, 09:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I honestly think you have a case. Take pictures of it dirty, and take that ass to court. Hell, maybe you can get like $1,000.

But I would confront him first. Find out his side. Then go from there and see whats up. Maybe it was one of the workers when he was "on break". I have seen stuff like that before.

I heard of one case around here where a worker from a very well known shop took this guys acura to lunch and everything when it was taken in for service.

That's why the shop that I go to, you can help the guys if you want. You can poke your head in there and ask questions. The guys are really nice and helpful. Haha, they said they would change my oil for 10 bucks if I have the oil and the filter!
Old 03-01-2008, 10:46 AM

Yeah every vehicle we fix at work gets a road test around the block before we bring it in. One of the lube tecs at work took a jacked up customer f150 through a swampy feild near the shop and got it stuck haha. He was fired that same day and it was reported to the police by the customer luckily he took all the heat. He got some sort of fine though. You should really look into it. Good luck

Last edited by Justinvd; 03-01-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man thats insane.

I have my Tundra in the body shop and I swear I've been in there
at least a dozen times checking up onit. Lucky for me, though,
It isn't really in a drivable condition so they can't be messing around
with it too much. Hope that whatever you end up doing works out for you.
Keep us updated on your progress.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:21 AM

make sure you get some pictures of it while it is dirty, parked in their lot. I would definitely go and talk to the guy about it and if he isnt willing do the work for free or drastically reduced then i would not allow for him to work on it at all and call the cops
Old 03-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Contributing Member

Well i went to see the guy, and he said it was only to move it, but he is on a paved road where there is no mud, so lie 1. I asked why it was moved 3 times if he has not started anything, he had no answer. i told him if i catch him joy riding in my truck, he will have a visit from the fuzz, and a fine so bg he will have to shut down his shop. He took $100bz off the price so now instead of $350bz it's now $250bz.

and he is so cock-sure that he said he is starting it tomorrow and will be done on monday morning, so he is going to cut out the rust, bend new metal to the shape of the body, take the inside panels out so they don't burn it, weld on the new panels, fill the gap where he welds, smooth it all out, sand down the rest of the bottom half of the truck, paint on rubber undersealant, spray on black, spray on clear coat and let it dry long enough so i can pick it up and drive away on Monday.

I just want my truck rust free and in my drive way again. i hate having it in town with an ass like this guy. But it needs to be done and he is the best in town.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I'm not going to suggest that you kill him....for legal reasons.......but if you feel you must, I didn't see nothing.....
Old 03-02-2008, 05:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
please post up some pics of said work when he's done......Im just curious what it looks like

btw, this is chit chat...not tech

Last edited by dirtoyboy; 03-02-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:00 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Why continue to trust someone with your truck who has already proven themselves untrustworty? To save a few bucks? What if he does shoddy work? What if he half way welds stuff up and just covers it with seam sealer and underoating so it will crack 3 months down the road?

People that do good work have character and integrity. My bet is this guy does this all the time. Lies, cheats, screws up and then knocks $$$ of the bill to cover his cheeks.

Good luck, you are going to need it.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Why continue to trust someone with your truck who has already proven themselves untrustworty? To save a few bucks? What if he does shoddy work? What if he half way welds stuff up and just covers it with seam sealer and underoating so it will crack 3 months down the road?

People that do good work have character and integrity. My bet is this guy does this all the time. Lies, cheats, screws up and then knocks $$$ of the bill to cover his cheeks.

Good luck, you are going to need it.

My thoughts exactly. Especially since you have confronted him. If he doesn't have the moral character to not lie to you, imagine how butt hurt he is going to be by being confronted. Then he can do anything he wants to your truck!

I do not know how much $250bz is in American dollars, but $250 here will get you some bondo and spray paint at a local body shop.

Caveat emptor!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I think i'm ready to kill