Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

I converted another driver!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I converted another driver!!!!

After denting every body panel on his 3/4 ton Dodge, and having to sit out the fun trails because he was to wide, my boy C Bass bought this sweet 89. It has a fresh engine (22re) and trans, 3in body lift, and not sure what gears yet. He is planning on joining the site soon. He is not super mechanical, I do most of his wrenching, but he is a great guy. I should have some pics from our group of Yotas by monday.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:23 PM

Gratz... HOLY bumper Batman

nice truck though
Old 01-29-2009, 09:27 PM

nice!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:28 PM

that bumper is sick.......do you know if its custom or not? (looks like it)
Old 01-29-2009, 10:04 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
x2, That bumper looks pretty nice ! Nice job man !! Sweet truck as well. Make sure he does an intro thread !!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:47 PM

tellim welcome when he gets here! nice find! I suggest you give it a thorough look over. When I did mine (after I purchased it, of course) I found that it came with ball joint spacers in front, old man emu lift springs so new the plastic tags were still on, rancho shocks, and a magnaflow exhaust. On the other hand, I had a bunch of issues with my clutch and various fluids that needed immediate addressing. My point is that you never really know what you get when you pick up a ton of decade old used steel and stuff until you truly look it over, but I'm sure this 'aint your first rodeo, being from texas and all. What's that tire size? It looks to me like 33's. Auto or manual? Get the 'ol camera out or one of those fancy schmancy cell phones and get some more pics up. Take a detail picture of that front end, I cant tell whether that bar under the bumper is part of the bumper or if its attached to some other part of the front end. I just don't get it.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:59 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
NICE!!!
Great looking truck!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NYChopshop
I suggest you give it a thorough look over. When I did mine (after I purchased it, of course) I found that it came with ball joint spacers in front, old man emu lift springs so new the plastic tags were still on, rancho shocks, and a magnaflow exhaust. On the other hand, I had a bunch of issues with my clutch and various fluids that needed immediate addressing. My point is that you never really know what you get when you pick up a ton of decade old used steel and stuff until you truly look it over
x2 after I bought mine I discovered it had rancho shocks and steering stabilizer, borla muffler, k&n air filter, and it seems like a couple other things. Can't wait to see more pics
Old 01-30-2009, 03:39 AM

It has a fresh W56 trans, a new 22RE with a header from LC, I was told a Marlin clutch (by the previous owner, he has a great reputation in this area), the tires are new 33 x 12.50 Buckshots, 15x12 steel wheels, Rancho shocks and steering stab, and came with two sets of extra wheels, new chrome 15x10, and the stock wheels. The bumper is home built, and the bar below it bolts to the frame. The previous owner used it to stand on when he was putting the engine in. I would have snapped more pics, but it was 25 outside (to me in Texas, thats friggin cold) and sleeting. It needs the steering box repaired, it leaks, and the dash has two cracks. I was going to get it for the wife, but she wants a black first gen 4Runner. Black makes it easy to hide when cb hunting.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:04 AM

Those 33x12.50s have got to rub a little with 15x12s. What's cb hunting?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:26 AM

He hasn't checked to see if it rubs while it's flexed, but it hasn't yet. The fenders have been trimmed, so were not sure yet. Cb hunting, it's hard to explain in a way that doesnt sound lame, think of it as off road hide and seek, with trucks. We play after running trails. We use cb's to try to get somewhat close, and for trash talking when people are looking for you.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by jsn_stockard
Cb hunting, it's hard to explain in a way that doesnt sound lame, think of it as off road hide and seek, with trucks. We play after running trails. We use cb's to try to get somewhat close, and for trash talking when people are looking for you.
haha My folks used to play that back in their day (late 70's?) only they called it CB tag. My Yota buddies and I trash talk over the CB as well, and whistle at the ladies through the PA
Old 02-04-2009, 07:10 PM

I dunno, that thing looks like its begging for a 1UZFE swap to me. I'd pull off that step bar and put on some sort of prerunner bar to put a few more lights on the front of that. If you look at the procomp one, it bolts into two holes you'd have to drill into the top of your bumper and two bolts (in the circular little metal cups on the front of the frame, hard to miss without a stock lower bumper valance). I got one, havn't put it on yet. Sloth, mainly. I raped and pillaged Circuit City this past weekend for stereo junk and got myself some subs, but there I go on my tangents again.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by NYChopshop
If you look at the procomp one, it bolts into two holes you'd have to drill into the top of your bumper and two bolts (in the circular little metal cups on the front of the frame, hard to miss without a stock lower bumper valance).
I think that's the same bumper I have. I'll have to look at it more closely when I get off work; but I know it bolts to the bumper on top and then somewhere on the frame. . .it would be nice to know what brand my bumper is lol
Old 02-05-2009, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by nosfanatic2006
I think that's the same bumper I have. I'll have to look at it more closely when I get off work; but I know it bolts to the bumper on top and then somewhere on the frame. . .it would be nice to know what brand my bumper is lol
looks like my light mounting locations and configuration, I'm pretty sure that you do have the procomp light bar. You can google it and get some images of it pretty easily for the 4runner.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:47 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
hah, cb hunting sounds fun ...
Old 02-05-2009, 01:50 PM

hey scuba, what you driving these days!? How the hell you keep popping these toys!? Top gear tried for 2 episodes to kill one hilux as best they could, and you killed 2 toys!? somethings not right here
Old 02-05-2009, 02:26 PM

scuba > topgear?
Old 02-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by flashkl
scuba > topgear?
must be. must be.

Quick Reply: I converted another driver!!!!