86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

how do i set the clock in an 87' xtra cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how do i set the clock in an 87' xtra cab

i've been running google serches all day, but haven't found anything, i just recently aquired a clock that works out of a wrecked 87, and decided to install it in my truck, wiring harness and everythings there, it all hooks up lights up and glows that green color, but no matter what i try i can't get the time to stay set, any and all help is appriciated. oh and i'm new here, nice to meet you all.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:36 AM

I don't know much about these clocks, but digital clocks store time in volatile memory (kinda like RAM) and lose their time when they lose power as a result. There's two possible reasons why your's is doing this, either it loses power from the battery when the truck is off or it has an internal battery and that is dead.

If it only gets power from the truck's battery, then recheck your connections, if it has an internal battery, replace it.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
welcome!

sure it works? The digital clock in my Datsun won't set correctly, though it keeps time

To set mine, I set the "set" button once with a pen (or finger if it's narrow enough). The time will begin flashing.
Then I tap the "time" button several times to increase the time to the one I want. After you reach the time you want, stop pressing buttons and wait a while - it should stop flashing and be set.

If it's not doing this it may be busted :/
Old 06-11-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Magnusian
I don't know much about these clocks, but digital clocks store time in volatile memory (kinda like RAM) and lose their time when they lose power as a result. There's two possible reasons why your's is doing this, either it loses power from the battery when the truck is off or it has an internal battery and that is dead.

If it only gets power from the truck's battery, then recheck your connections, if it has an internal battery, replace it.
welcome!

sure it works? The digital clock in my Datsun won't set correctly, though it keeps time

To set mine, I set the "set" button once with a pen (or finger if it's narrow enough). The time will begin flashing.
Then I tap the "time" button several times to increase the time to the one I want. After you reach the time you want, stop pressing buttons and wait a while - it should stop flashing and be set.

If it's not doing this it may be busted :/

thanks to both of you, i'll try it the way you recomended philbert, it's keeping time, but it's not setting for the time i want yet...
Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 PM

Well, don't ask me why or how, but my clock decided to set itself, for the right time to boot, I didnt think it was an atomic clock?