86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HHO (Hydrogen Oxygen) gas on demand setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HHO (Hydrogen Oxygen) gas on demand setup

I am currently working on adding a HOD (hydrogen on demand) system to my 92 4runner.
If you are not familiar with this technology please check out 'water4gas' or google search 'HHO'. there is a decent amount of information out there.

I am not a mechanic but I can follow directions. I'm using the manuals from water4gas to modify my truck.. where i'm at.

- I built the device that generates the HHO gas. pretty cool. this is not electrolysis, it has something to do with disassociating electrons or wave patterns. electrolysis takes a lot more electricity. it's a simple jar with vacuum hoses pumping the gas into the air intake or the intake manifold.

- essentially the HHO leaked into the air intake causes a much more efficient explosion (ran thru a bubbler of water to cool the engine).

- now that my explosions are extremely efficient, i have no need for such rich gas. so the next step is to trick the vehicle into running lean. there are 2 things to consider here, O2 sensors and the Mass Airflow Sensor (VAFM box thinggy). the manual i have for water4gas uses a MAP sensor which is different.

- the addition of the HHO makes the exhaust more oxygen rich i'm guessing? I don't fully understand how to trick or adjust the VAFM

OK, HELP!

- where would be the ideal place to pump in the HHO gas, i'm guessing in front of the VAFM so it can be 'sensed'
- how do I trick the 2 (i think) O2 sensors to keep the truck running lean?

I realize very few people have boldly gone where no, uh, alternative fuel has gone before, but this is my truck, i love it and I'll be danmed if i don't try to get the 60% fuel economy out of this system. I was thinking if i could get this going it would be superfreak to get a truck running on just HHO. It's been done by Daniel Dingle, check out the link http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...00534056295175 theres been a few out there. another by STANLEY MEYER.

this is all crazy suppressed cutting edge fun. I joined the forum to try and see what's if we put our heads together. I have a camera & i figure I would document the process on this truck with pictures & videos.

If anybody needs 'more info' on the install process, just ask. I found this guy a great resource so far http://www.livevideo.com/byte312 How supercool would you be if you had a 3.slow that got better pickup & 40mpg+???
Old 04-12-2008, 01:15 PM

p.s.s. 1992 V6 Manual (3VZ-e) 250k+mi

I got my truck from a salvage with a blown head gasket. $1100. had it towed straight into the toyota dealer and repaired under warrantee. new head. was in near perfect condition when i got it. must have been garaged.

j
Old 04-12-2008, 01:22 PM

This looks really interesting. Please document your work very well. I would be interested in doing this to my truck. Also, please let us know about how much all of this is costing as you go.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:38 PM

right-on

so far i haven't spent that much. just nickel & dimed on aquarium hose, plexiglass, wing nuts, bolts, irrigation 'T's Ball jars in the 12 pack where a few bucks $12 in change. the most expensive was steel wire of a special grade that in not galvanized. it was $50 bucks a pound. i have enough extra steel to make the apparatus 10 times over I think.

there are people blowing money on expensive constructions or worse, paying for a pre built unit. the things literally water, a airtight container, wires (electrodes) and hose to move the gas. I first tested it in my garage for the 'bull no way it works factor' using a old cellphone charger with the ends cut off, a glass of water with baking soda in it. one terminal gives off Hydrogen the other oxygen .. 4volts DC nuts

j
Old 04-12-2008, 01:43 PM

make sure to keep us posted. I Have looked at water4gas before and was skeptical. It will be nice to see if it actually works!
Old 04-12-2008, 02:42 PM

my journal

ok so i set up a little place to run a journal from.
livevideo .com/renfox
I am still awaiting some time, money and parts. i'll keep you posted. I'm going to shck out this guys car, next sat. if your in cali. he shows it around noon. the infos on his sight. maybe others have some insight with the MAF sensor stuff. til then peace

j
Old 04-13-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WIcked, keep us posted.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:51 AM

a buddy of mine was looking into this, if it works i would love to see how it was done, its a great idea
Old 04-13-2008, 11:00 AM

so did you get this from craigslist and pay for the info
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f5/l...up-buy-140605/
Old 04-13-2008, 09:00 PM

10mb

If you (anyone here) want... it no the details of how I acquired the manuals. PM me
Old 04-14-2008, 08:16 AM

I was just reading on wiki about this and it sure is something that has been tested and tried. It said that you have to adjust your timing as well, any thought on this and what the correct way would be to make your engine run ultra lean as they put it. this could be one of the greatest mods yet if it works. here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_fuel_injection
Old 04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You realze of course that chemically there is no such thing as HHO gas. HHO is H20, ie water. Passing an electric current through water produces hydrogen and oxygen. While it's correct hydrogen and oxygen can be burned, very cleanly and efficiently, the reason this system does not, repeat not, increase fuel economy or efficiency is the electricity you are using to make the hydrogen and oxygen is coming from your engine, which gets is energy from your gas tank. If the hydrogen generator was 100% efficient, and no process is, then you would simply get back the same energy you used to make the hydrogen. With a system less than 100% efficient you have a net loss of energy, therefore adding a hydrogen generator will actually decrease the overall efficiency of the vehicle.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by eric-the-red
You realze of course that chemically there is no such thing as HHO gas. HHO is H20, ie water. Passing an electric current through water produces hydrogen and oxygen. While it's correct hydrogen and oxygen can be burned, very cleanly and efficiently, the reason this system does not, repeat not, increase fuel economy or efficiency is the electricity you are using to make the hydrogen and oxygen is coming from your engine, which gets is energy from your gas tank. If the hydrogen generator was 100% efficient, and no process is, then you would simply get back the same energy you used to make the hydrogen. With a system less than 100% efficient you have a net loss of energy, therefore adding a hydrogen generator will actually decrease the overall efficiency of the vehicle.
right over my head
Old 04-14-2008, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by eric-the-red
This is kind of what I thought when I first looked at it. However, I think the idea still might work. I'm just guessing here, but perhaps the "HHO" (H20 - water) increases the efficiency of burning your gasoline. So, if you think of it as a catalyst, it is possible that the cost of producing the catalyst is worth the increased efficiency gains.

Again, I am also skeptical, but it might work. However, I have seen claims of cars running entirely on water, that is of course a load of crap . If you start with water, and end with water, then the net energy change is 0, meaning nothing left over to run your car.

All in all, I'm still interested to see if anyone can get any results from this...
Old 04-14-2008, 09:30 AM

You are not making a system that is 100% efficient, it only improves efficiency. Which if I understand correctly, You are using the electrical power your gas engine already makes to produce a gas that is injected into the engine which then requires less gasoline to run. your engine just runs leaner, which means less gas is put through the injectors or carb. I would guess the electricity used to produce the hydrogen gas would be very little, not enough to harm your gas mileage. you are substituting some of the gasoline for hydrogen which you produce yourself under the hood. I think I read that it only takes 4%-9% to make a increase in mpg, don't quote me on that i've read a lot of different info today. I don't fully understand yet how all of this works, but I'm trying to.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 AM

also, aren't you really getting your energy from the alternator which powers your batteries, the alternator creates the energy needed from your engine running not the fuel that is used. So if your engine is running and the belt is driving the alternator which creates the power, the fuel that is burning inside your engine really doesn't make any difference. you could spin the pulley on the alternator by hand and it would create electricity, if you could do it fast enough. I may be way off here, put it is still interesting.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by irish80prf
also, aren't you really getting your energy from the alternator which powers your batteries, the alternator creates the energy needed from your engine running not the fuel that is used. So if your engine is running and the belt is driving the alternator which creates the power, the fuel that is burning inside your engine really doesn't make any difference. you could spin the pulley on the alternator by hand and it would create electricity, if you could do it fast enough. I may be way off here, put it is still interesting.
It is the fuel that drives the alternator. The more your alternator is used, then the more load it is on your engine. Higher load on engine = more gas required to run = lower mileage. It's really just conservation of energy. The energy coming out of the alternator has to come from somewhere. The only net change of energy in the car is the burning of fuel, so that's where it comes from.

Ultimately, the goal of anything that is supposed to get more mileage can only be to improve the efficiency of the combustion process. It is yet to be seen if this 'HHO' helps.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by abj27
It is the fuel that drives the alternator. The more your alternator is used, then the more load it is on your engine. Higher load on engine = more gas required to run = lower mileage. It's really just conservation of energy. The energy coming out of the alternator has to come from somewhere. The only net change of energy in the car is the burning of fuel, so that's where it comes from.

Ultimately, the goal of anything that is supposed to get more mileage can only be to improve the efficiency of the combustion process. It is yet to be seen if this 'HHO' helps.
I agree with this, and that is kind of what I'm getting at, if you can add hydrogen gas in place of part of your gasoline with the same or more energy out put, would you not be reducing the amount of gas used but still produce the same about of electricity via the alternator. This is where the cycle of being more efficient starts. Now I'm not saying something as simple as a couple mason jars, wire, tubing, and some stainless steel will work, but I would like to see if any people are having any luck with it.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
HHO?

That is funny. Why not just call it what it is?: H2O.

Where to pump? Straight from your faucet. Was the "water4gas" not a DEAD give away?

Good luck. This has all the smackings of perpetual motion, and sounds like a big hoax by someone skilled at stealing your money.

I'm calling Bull. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by irish80prf
Alternators don't create energy, in fact nothing does. The alternator only takes mechanical energy, from the engine, and turns it into electrical energy. The engine gets it's mechanical energy from the fuel. The more load on the alternator the harder the engine works to turn it, ergo the more fuel it uses.

All of the electrical items in a vehicle are ultimately powered by the fuel in the tank.

Quick Reply: HHO (Hydrogen Oxygen) gas on demand setup