Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Help with 3vze intake chamber connections

Old 05-31-2010, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with 3vze intake chamber connections

I have a 93 4runner that I just rebuilt. Dropped the engine in yesterday and started hooking stuff up. Vacuum lines don't seem to be to difficult. The problem I have ran into is that it appears I have hooked all of the hoses back up and there is at least one port on the intake chamber that does not have a hose going to it.

I bought this vehicle from someone and they were kind enough to disconnect everything and not label. So the intake chamber was already off when I got it. Is it normal to have open ports on the chamber assembly.

Also. There is a vacuum line that runs across the fire wall over to the passenger side. It is coming from the cruise control assembly and there is a tee in this line. On the fender, above the normal vsv,s everyone has I have a couple more and one open line. I assume this plugs into the tee from the cruise control lone and they all plug into the gas filter port on the intake chamber. I don't see anywhere else for them to go. This vehicle had AC, but they removed the compressor and cut the lines. I don't know why. So everything is still there.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Shouldnt be any open ports on the intake. The hose that goes from the cruise control, at least on my 90 pickup, plugs into the intake on the passenger side. Its the port on the top right next to where the brake booster plugs in. This port is a multiport connection with 4 hoses plugged into it. Hope this helps...Rick
Old 05-31-2010, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah that's weird. The line is tacked all the way along the back wall. So it is meant to go over there

I'm gonna have to get in there and dig around. maybe there's a rogue line hiding that I don't see.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with 3vze intake chamber connections