86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!!!!

I have a 1986 toyota 4x4 truck. 22r fuel injected! Reliable as hell! So about a week ago i was getting ready for a small road trip, checking the oil, water air in the tires ect. I pulled out the air filter and noticed that it was pretty dirty. Really dirty. So i went down to napa and got a new one. It seemed to run a hell of alot smoother. Took off down the hwy. About 60-70 miles away it developes a sputter feeling. I turned around and head for home. I get up the next morning and start the truck and you cant even tell anything is wrong. Runs fine. After about 10 mintues of driving it developes the sputter feeling again. You know how a carburated motor runs when the choke sticks open? Thats what it feels like. Will start up and run fine then after about 10 minutes it starts doing it. Do i have a clogged injector? I have ran a bottle of injector cleaner thru it. No difference???? Any help. Frustrating as hell. Even when the sputter developes it loses a little power but still runs, just not right??????? Thanks alot!!!!

Ron