86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Heater core installation problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heater core installation problems

the fricking toyota manual you can buy in stores is so confusing.

anybody got a good step by step guide

or and ideas to help me do this... lol
Old 02-12-2009, 05:23 PM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
there is a thread on here about this, but you will have to drop your steering column (the 4 14mm gold bolts), take out the big metal dash core support, every piece of plastic, dash pad, gauge cluster, heater ducts its a rediculous process. I did mine off of a thread on here......it was a first time job took about 5 hours, 2 of those were before i read the stepped out pictured thread on this website.

Get you a big suitcase 30 pak of Keystone Light, it will make the suffering somewhat tolerable, the inside of your vehicle will look like a grizzly bear was trying to find a picknick basket by your firewall.

Last edited by 89whitetoyota; 02-12-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:24 PM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
oops, just realized you had a 3.slow......should be the same though.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:28 PM

I got you kid

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...cement-124222/
Old 02-12-2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 89whitetoyota
oops, just realized you had a 3.slow......should be the same though.
haha yeah its pretty damn close to the same. i just have to pull my clips on the firewall by the engine. the clamps are all screwed up and bent. im going to cut the hose buy a new one and say this.... its making me so frustrated. tomorrow im getting this dont.

also i broke on of my switches to my heater controlls.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:37 PM

good point, just cut those god awful jap OEM clamps off inside the engine bay and get american hose clamps. Check your heater valve to make sure when you slide the hot/cold switch on the controls that the valve opens up right, mine was f-ed so i had to just modify it to stay wide open.

I have a 22re so, my tips are skewed here, but what ever water bypass going in to the heater core, make sure that rubber hose isnt clogged too.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:39 PM

my hot/cold selector is the little lever by the the vent that determines weather it is open or closed. If i get too hot i just put that in the middle, i dont even use the heater controls anymore!!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:42 PM

my hot/cold selector is the little lever by the the vent that determines weather it is open or closed. If i get too hot i just put that in the middle, i dont even use the heater controls anymore!!

haha that works.

yeAh im just cutting it and bam done its out.

lol im so fricking close it is just ing confusing the crap out of me.

and i bipassed my heater valve it was stupid invention screw a/c windows and water is better
Old 02-12-2009, 05:48 PM

and i bipassed my heater valve it was stupid invention screw a/c windows and water is better [/QUOTE]

lol, good luck dude...........babe??????? Its a PITA but you will learn what everything is behing your dash, quick tip getting your speedo cable back in, keep your center vents out so you can reach your arm in around the back of you r cluster.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:50 PM

and i bipassed my heater valve it was stupid invention screw a/c windows and water is better
lol, good luck dude...........babe??????? Its a PITA but you will learn what everything is behing your dash, quick tip getting your speedo cable back in, keep your center vents out so you can reach your arm in around the back of you r cluster.[/QUOTE]

i am n ot going to pull my steering collum i will find away around that. i need to pull out those clamps and ill have it.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:19 PM

engine bay clamps????? Just cut them off.........