Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Fuel problems 88 pickup

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel problems 88 pickup

I just recently got this truck an originally thought the pecking I was hearing was just only the rocker arms needing adjustment. But I was mislead lol they hadn't adjusted one rocker arm and it smashed the top of an intake valve and was about to drop in cylinder one. Lol so I replaced the valve and put new gaskets in and all that good stuff. Well as we were putting the finals touches on it to start it back up the fuel pump relay went out on me so I replaced it. Now I'm getting fuel all the way up to the injectors but still am not getting fuel. The spark plugs are dry as they can be. The cold air injector stopes working as well. All this was previously working before i tore into it. lol I double checked my timing and it didnt jump a tooth or anything like that either. I put 2 new efi relays and I'm still not getting the injectors to fire. I'm going to take the intake off today and I was wondering if I may have gotten the back to injectors mix matched or something but it seems to me they would still be trying to shoot gas and it was just run like crap. And i am getting fire from my sparks plugs i put new 4 ngk plugs in it and still not fixing the problem. But I'm going to check if the injectors are even getting a pulse today and I have my multi-meter handy so I'm going to start digging I'm just hoping it's not going to be a wiring issue but that's what it's seeming to be or maybe the fuel pressure regulator. Advice would be appreciated lol it is a 22re btw!