Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Fuel pressure/delivery issue - 92 pickup 22RE - what's this sound like?

Old 03-07-2014, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel pressure/delivery issue - 92 pickup 22RE - what's this sound like?

Over a month (or 2?) ago I noticed the truck began taking longer to start up than usual. (was having to crank for 3ish seconds before starting, sometimes more - as opposed to an almost instant start before) After some research, I assumed that proper fuel pressure was not being held.

After this went on for a while, it began to hesitate/bog ever so slightly upon up-shifting - just for a second, and only sometimes - and then it would climb in RPM as usual.

It gradually got a little worse over time, and then driving home tonight, it was really bogging/hesitating upon upshifting - for 2-3 seconds, and much more noticeably than before. It would then climb in RPM and continue to accelerate, but felt a little 'loose' - like not full power.

So, I need to get this figured out ASAP. From the research I've done it seems it could be the fuel pressure regulator or the fuel pump...or the filter? Do these symptoms scream anything in particular to anyone?

If this isn't the best forum to post this, my apologies - this is my first post. I've been a lurker and have greatly benefited from the wealth of information here - thank you yotatech and all involved!

Chally