Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Ever been caught out in the rain and topless?

Old 09-08-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ever been caught out in the rain and topless?

Just happened to me. Woke up from a nap after work and went to dinner. To groggy to even think about it, but it was cloudy. Didn't realize any thing till I hear some one in the restaurant say " oh my god it's pouring out"! man was I bummed.

I used herculiner from tailgate to firewall, so that's good. I also took out my rear seats and got seat covers for the front But I'm seriously worried about the electrical stuff. I got in and my radio and dash lights didn't work. Forgot to mention I took off the doors too. The weirdest thing is that Every time I put in my clutch, I heard a crunching noise. Got into my garage and popped the hood. Had my bro push in the clutch and it was the starter. Every time I put in the clutch all the way, kicked in the starter. It was that killing noise when you accidentally turn the key while your truck is already started. Man I'm stumped....

I'm about ready to say screw it and ditch everything electrical I don't absolutely need and get a portable boombox lol
Old 09-08-2010, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that man! Super bummer!

The first time I ever tookt he top off my truck, it started to sprinkle while I was at work. I was freaking out. Thankfully it was just a short sprinkle and nothing more. Nothing was even wet when I got off work. I do plan on getting a tarp and bungee's when my truck is running again; just in case
Old 09-08-2010, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let it dry out lol prob work alright after words. unless you had an underlying wiring issue before hand that you ignored subconcisouly...
Old 09-08-2010, 10:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
the only thing i can think of is the cig lighter thing not working. wires were getting power, but the core wasnt. would any body know how to get a wiring diagram online? Ill search right now, but any thing easy for the electronically retarded to understand? lol

maybe some of that aresol electronic cleaner to the connecting plugs on everything? Im going to be pulling the dash apart to see what Im looking at. maybe do some upgraded bulbs on everything too if I can get it working. Ill check all the fuses too...