Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Does your truck have clogged arteries?

Old 04-11-2013, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does your truck have clogged arteries?

My 4runner has clogged arteries!!!!!

Other day i came home from work and i lost considerable amount of pedal pressure in my clutch. I limped home and figured the 4 month old MC failed because it had a click to it and the click went away when i lost pressure. Went and got a new MC and installed it and had fine pressure. No leaks from the system at all.

Next day i drove to work, everything worked fine and then just before getting to work the pedal began losing pressure again. After work i was able to limp home and had all the gods watching over me cause i made it home and at the end i had zero clutch. Still no leaks, the MC had real clean fluid still.

I got to thinking about the clutch system and i had changed the slave and MC in the last 4 months. What i remember about the MC i just changed is there was alot of black crap in the fluid, even though i repalced all fluid the last time i changed stuff (4 months ago).

Today I went into the hydrolic clutch setup to see why i have no pressure. Well first i cracked the bleeder screw and nothing. gave a little pump of the pedal, nothing. next remove the metal line from slave. Nothing. Continued up and pulled the metal line that goes from slave to rubber line. Still no fluid. Pumped pedal again and i have a drip, but no mess. I grabbed on the rubber line and twisted it around and i finally milked some fluid out. So I am guessing the rubber line had totally collapsed on the inside. Still no leaks on the outside, but i get no fluid to the slave. Waiting on the new rubber line to get in. I already douched out the crud from the rubber line in the slave and small metal line. After i get the new line i will douche out the other hard lines to make it all nice and clean. Hope to get the new rubber line tomorrow. The rubber line was original from 1989 so i guess it was disintegrating pretty good inside. So go check your rubber lines for clogging.