Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

build halted by stupidity

Old 10-28-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
build halted by stupidity

Those of you that have read my threads and posts know that I've been building my rig from the day I bought it. As with most of you I have to save to get parts, work like a dog to get time to install those parts and do it all over again, and again, and again. My next step was to be the buy and install of my dual t-cases. I had the money saved and the time line set for the weekend after next. Well I walked into the house yesterday, thinking only that I was one day closer to the install, to find that my home had been broken into and I had been robbed. The little dingbats that did it took only a black back pack, an old X box, a portfolio of games, a camera and my grandfathers pistol that he gave me over 20 years ago..... the pistol is the only loss that really hurt. What really pisses me off is not the fact that I was robbed but that fact that by coming into my house for a few minutes and taking my things those same little ingrates put to a halt many many things that I had planned. I had to spend the 400$ that I had saved for my rig to replace a security door and rekey all the locks and deadbolts in the house (one of our keys was missing). I also lost a couple hundred dollars in wages since I had to take today off to do all the work and clean up the house. My wife had to wash all of her clothes since they ransacked the drawers and closet and now she is really uncomfortable in our home. I guess it's a good thing it's already on the market for sale.

How is it that these people can run in, do a smash and grab in less than 10 minutes, and ruin whats taken me years to get comfortable and stop a build that I've been saving for months to improve on??!!

Dang I'd love to drag one of them across Rio Puerco behind the Toyota that they put on hold with this mess.

For those of you in Albuquerque make sure your house is secure. I thought with a steel exterior door that mine was.... and I was wrong.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sucks to hear that. I was robbed a few years back and it put a sick feeling in my stomach
Old 10-28-2008, 01:43 PM

Thats to bad man, I hate to hear about stuff like that, but you are being smart by replacing all the locks and the security door! I know what you mean I have had several cars broken into and things stolen(I know its not the same as your house being broken into) I would love to catch them doing it and take it into my own hands since they never seem to get caught after the fact. That sucks about having to wait on your parts a little longer, I feel for ya!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That sucks man. I hope the crooks die a miserable death.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:12 PM

Dam! sorry to hear that man .I've never had anyone break in my house but people have tried .. When I was younger I used to hear someone would try to break in our back door at night . .. ,but they never got in ..
\
Did you ask your neighbors if they seen any thing suspicious by your house that day ? Also alot of times when people steal things like guns,Xbox ext. they'll pawn it . I'd look around there if I were you . At least tell some pawn shop owners and describe the pistol to them so they can look out for it . .

Last edited by bipolarandproud; 10-28-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:45 PM

Hate to hear that. Buy a dog. me and my dad train German Sheppard and rottweilers when people see what our dogs can do they tend to be a little scared and knock on wood our house nor our vehicles have ever been robbed well not at our house anyways. one of our female Sheppard's can climb and 8 foot brick wall grab a 10 pound weight and climb back over and drop it at your feet. and all of them are GREAT with little kids, i have little cousins come over all the time we have pictures of them pulling on there ears rideing them train em and treat em right they will be your savior!
Old 10-28-2008, 02:47 PM

its happened to me twice, once at my old house, and once in my current one.

first time i was young, and happened while i was school, never even knew it happened till a week later when my parents told me.

last time i was in high school, came home from school to the door busted, tv;s, dvd,s comps, gone. the s even took my brownies my lil sister had made for me the night before, and smeared them all over the walls.

thieves should have their hands chopped off for sure

and tbh, im glad my dogs were in the backyard both times, i know my pitbull woulda tore the &*(&@ outta the robbers and something bad wouldve happened to my pup

Last edited by sh0kk86; 10-28-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Sorry to hear of the house. We've lived in some bad places and never had a problem but that is only the additional perk of being a dog person. If your not a dog person I wouldn't get an animal for security. Even came home one night to the sliding gass door being froven open, had a malamute that waited till they were partway in before "introducing herself."
Old 10-28-2008, 04:54 PM

Sucks when that crap happens...
FYI... locks only keep the honest people out. If they want IN badly enough, there isnt much you can do.
You can try to make it difficult for them though. It worked for me a few years back when I was in school. I saved for a bicycle for a few months working insane hours after school. Had it hung in the garage from the ceiling. One of the neighbourhood kids thought it would be fun to get into the garage and take the bike and then sell it as a used bike to a local bike store.
I caught him in the garage trying to get it off the hooks in the ceiling ( my younger sis got bitched out for leaving the side entry door open ) I put a beating on the kid then dragged him home to his parents. I made such a good example of him in the neighbour hood, no one comes near my house.

I hope you catch the little pricks. Make the report, but dont call the cops if you catch them. Install an alarm and possibly hide some video cameras too.
If they took a key, chances are they want to make a return trip.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That sucks man. Having yer truck broken into is one thing but you house is just.. weird. Good thing they didnt take more though.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:00 PM

That sucks man...hopefully you get all of your stuff back...and the insurance company pays you back for the ($10k wedding ring you bought your wife)
Old 10-28-2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by 91Toyota
That sucks man...hopefully you get all of your stuff back...and the insurance company pays you back for the ($10k wedding ring you bought your wife)

I know you are kidding...
When people scam the insurance companies on stuff like that, it comes back 10 fold...
Up here in Ontario Canada, people have scammed insurance companies so much, they are screaming murder for the rates they are paying now...
Old 10-28-2008, 05:36 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
sorry to hear man, they didnt actually get away with any of the yota money did they
Old 10-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
That sucks man! I can't stand theifs. Lowest of the low. Probibly some crackhead(s) looking for a quick buck.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm very sorry to hear about that. What part of town do you live in?

Robb
Old 10-28-2008, 06:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear. Do talk to your insurance company if you have one. At least maybe you can get some money for what was stolen.
Did you report the theft to the police or were you not supposed to have the gun?
Old 10-28-2008, 07:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lets see if I can answer some of the replies.

1) I have a German Shepard but he was at the mother in law's house since he doesn't allow ANYONE inside unless they are with me. The house is up for sale and realtors stop by to show it, Scout won't let them inside if I'm not here.

2) I live in the north east heights for those of you in Albuquerque

3) The hand gun ( a Ruger Black Hawk single action in .41) mag is registered to my grandfather. He bought it and carried it while still in law enforcement.

4) The wife is in insurance and we're being honest. I don't get into the whole fraud thing since it just makes rates go up for others. We have replacement insurance on everything but you can't replace 20+ years of family value on a firearm with any amount of money. Man I could shoot that pistol with my eyes closed and hit a watermellon at 30 paces..... really. I must have run ten thousand rounds through it in 20 years. Heck my buddies would all laugh when I'd pull out a "cowboy" gun when they had those fancy Glocks and Berrettas. When the day was done and my 210 grain hollow points were the only thing that hit the mark they'd sing a defferent tune. Crap I miss that thing already.......
Old 10-28-2008, 07:20 PM

someone above mentioned it, but I would check the local pawn shops for your gun, I have a few guns that I would really miss if they were stolen, would like to see you get it back!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:33 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
if you know the serial number, maybe hit up some local pawn shops or gun shops and let them know that its a stolen weapon, and let em know what you want them to do, if its report the person to the cops, or call you personally, or whatever...

luckily, we have 7 vehicles on our property, and at any one time there are at least 3 vehicles at home, so it always looks like someone is home...

sorry to hear about it tho... good luck getting your gun back...

EDIT: Took so long to type, that i didnt realise that someone already posted the same thing before me...

Last edited by space-junk; 10-28-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:38 PM

Hey man, that sucks.

I had some jerk pull the doorframe out of the wall to my practice space. I lost about $2000 in guitars and amps that day, and I was like 21 at the time. I loved those guitars and played the crap out of them, and I bought all that with my hard earned money. Took like 2.5 years to get that much together.

What a terrible sinking feeling.

Good luck moving forward.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: build halted by stupidity