86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best supplier to order new tailgate/fender

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best supplier to order new tailgate/fender

Been looking into ordering a new tailgate and fender but it seems a lot of the customer reviews are bad on the shipping quality as far as parts coming dented and bent. Just wondering if anyone had any suppliers they would recommend. I would just try a junkyard but up here in Michigan it's really hard to find rust free parts.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried Rockauto?

http://www.rockauto.com/
Old 10-25-2016, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too bad you're not in socal. i go to a guy that dismantles only toyotas. 4runners/pickups.

personally i've tried aftermarket fenders for my 88 pickup 2wd... and the top section usually bolts up nicely, but then the bottom bolts are uber far. and then the tabs usually go too far and run into the pinch weld of the cab. had to trim it and then grind the holes farther on the fender just so i could bolt it up. looks straight after doing all that tho. i never painted mine and finally after about 2 years it's starting to turn a lil "burgandy-ish." but now the 4runner 4x4 i just picked up needs a driver fender too, so ima go back and get myself 2 sets of 4x4 fenders... kinda forgot after the truck load of parts i already bought.

i'd prolly suggest doing a road trip for parts... find some a few hours away or so... and maybe do some sight seeing too while you're out there. gas sometimes turns out to be cheaper than shipping.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Aberle
Been looking into ordering a new tailgate and fender but it seems a lot of the customer reviews are bad on the shipping quality as far as parts coming dented and bent. Just wondering if anyone had any suppliers they would recommend. I would just try a junkyard but up here in Michigan it's really hard to find rust free parts.
For what year and model?